Wednesday 14 July 2010

Shudoo Review: Anglomania/Melissa Lady Dragon Cherries

I finally have the pretty photos of my Lady Dragon Cherries from Shudoo for you! Firstly, the Shudoo site, if you haven't visited it before is shoe heaven. They stock women's, men's and children's footwear from top brands including of course Vivienne Westwood Anglomania/Melissa, plus Carvela, Dune, Bertie, Bronx, Miss L Fire and Steve Madden. It's so convenient that you can buy all these different brands under 'one roof' and the styles available are hand picked to feature the most fashion forward and unique selection. Another bonus is free standard delivery or you can pay for next day (order before 2pm), nominated day and Saturday delivery. Returns are also free for UK customers and they ship internationally too. I found delivery very efficient.
The site is really easy to navigate and you can search by brand, style, colour, size or price. They currently have a sale with up to 70% off selected items and have new autumn/winter stock arriving, such as my Lady Dragon Cherries. I also like that the website has its own blog with information about new styles and celebrity trends and news-it makes it feel more personal. You can also follow Shudoo on Twitter and Facebook, where there is currently a fabulous competition to win £100 to spend at Shudoo.
Just in case these photos (and me constantly raving) about my jelly shoes aren't enough, then let me tell you more. Although they are jelly shoes, what strikes you first of all (well after the strong bubblegum scent), is they are quite weighty-not at all like the jelly shoes you grew up wearing. The substantial, padded insole makes them feel more like a 'real shoe' and is extremely comfortable on the foot. It also helps stop the whole foot sweating. The slingback is fully adjustable and there is a small peep toe which doesn't fully expose your toes (although more so than the 'heart' style). The heel height is 10cm which as you know is about as low as I dare go, but it's perfect for day wear. Some people are misled into thinking the heel will buckle or be flimsy, but as I said, they are pretty solid. The cherries are definitely what elevate this shoe to "amazing". A new adornment for A/W '10, I'm sure it's already many peoples favourite. I was pleasantly surprised by how chunky the cherries are.
Vivienne Westwood Anglomania describe this shoe as 'beige', but as you can see it's more off-white with a very definite blue tinge, which I hope comes across in the photos. If not, I've also made a short video (which I'll upload in a separate post), where you can hopefully see the lovely metallic, sheen in the light. I'm sure these shoes will reflect whichever colour you are wearing, because they looked very green when I wore them with a green dress.

Here are some images on the foot...
...and also with my other Lady Dragon peep toes
So pretty!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.