Friday 30 July 2010

Swatch: The Body Shop Lip & Cheek Stain

I recently got this product free with....Instyle magazine (I think). It's quite a magical product and really surprised me. I got shade 02 Bronze Glimmer and in the tube it looks like your standard copper, glitter lipgloss (much more copper than in the image below) and didn't look to be your usual 'stain' product.
When I pulled the wand out, I was surprised that the sponge applicator was actually purple. Was it just the sponge or the actual product? Well when I applied the (still glittery copper shade) stain to my hand it did indeed flash purple, but still with this strong sparkly copper shade on top. Then I blended the swatch and was left with a deep pinky purple stain and the glitter migrates.
At first I didn't understand how this would be a 'stain' until I tested it. You can see on my hand, the rubbed in stain and the glitter that moved all around my hand, next to it is the product straight out of the tube. I'm not sure how I would feel about this as a blush stain, the stain part would work, but I don't think I'd like gold glitter all around my cheeks. On my lips, you can definitely see both the purple and copper colours.

2 comments :

  1. I dont like this in the tube but it looks so pretty on your lips thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, like 2 completely different products-surprising!

    ReplyDelete

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.