Tuesday 23 June 2009

Shopping Haul Pics (H&M, Oasis, Primark, New Look, Dorothy Perkins)

Shopping Haul Pics
I wore MAC Girl About Town lipstick for the first time and really didn't like it. It's a gorgeous colour, but I didn't think I suited it. I kept the rest of my face simple, but I think if I were to try it again, I would use more blusher. I think that's what I needed. Although I was having a horrible/fat/bad skin/bad hair day, so it may be worth trying on a better day!
primark bow hairbandlotd girl about town mac lipstickmac girl about town lipstickPrimark, this dress is the same style as the floral number that I've been desperate to get my hands on. It's very good quality fabric and well made. It looks quite small on the hanger and I didn't expect it to fit, but it did. It has a tulip shape skirt with pockets, large bow detail on the front and decorative buttons down the centre, £15. primark tulip shape shift dressprimark tulip shaped shift bow detailNew Look, this dress is very comfortable, although not a must-have, with a frill t-shirt top and full skirt. It's slightly longer in length than I'm used to and looks ridiculous with leggings, but it's perfect for bare legs in summer. Although it's red, it doesn't clash too badly with my hair, as there is some pink in the flowers too. I got a surprise when I paid for this top as it was reduced from £18 to £7, bonus! It's really flattering and the colours look great with my hair and I love the bow details on the shoulders. I think may pick up some jeggings to go with it.new look 2 in 1 dressnew look floral print dressnew look 2 in 1 dress detailnew look bow shoulder topH&M, their sale has started and I tried on this gorgeous pink, floral dress. I think it was reduced from £35 to £15. I've actually had my eye on it for a while, but thought £35 was a lot of money. Unfortunately my boobs are just too big and wouldn't fit, which is a shame as it was really beautiful otherwise. I did get this candy striper style dress, it's really cute for the summer. The straps are in an awkward position though, so I may change them.h&m striped sundressh&m striped sundress tie front detailOasis, I fell in love with these boots months ago when I noticed them on a sale stand whilst walking past the shop. I tried them on and decided I didn't really 'need' them and have been kicking myself ever since as I really did like them. I went back and they had gone, the website also didn't have any. So imagine my surprise when I saw lots of them in the same shop months later. I didn't hesitate to buy them this time. They'll look great with coloured or patterned tights in the winter. I went a size up in these as they are very narrow. £35 reduced from £65.oasis studded bootsoasis stud ankle bootsoasis gold stud shoe bootsoasis studded bootsDorothy Perkins was my last stop, I was looking for a cardigan to go with my blue clothes (I only seem to have black) and saw a grey one in the sale on their website for £15. It has short puffy sleeves and pink buttons with pink flamingos all over the front. I tried it on instore though and really didn't suit the shade for some reason. I decided not to let the trip go to waste and tried on the sale dresses instead! I ended up getting this floral tea dress. Reduced to £20 from £40 (which I think is quite expensive, seeing as I have similar styles from Primark for £12) and this LBD. It's the most amazing little dress, I'd say it's a modern Breakfast at Tiffanys type or something little Jenny Humphrey would wear in Gossip Girl. It sits so beautifully and has this unusual high v-neckline. It's lined and also has net underneath, so it sticks out a little. It's quite short and looks really modern and funky with leggings. It also has a bow/rose detail at the waist. Unfortunately they didn't have my size and I knew the website were also sold out, so I just bought the size down. I do fit it, but it's very tight across my bust. Hopefully, if I lose some weight, it'll be perfect-I just couldn't resist it. If you prefer, they also have it in red and seem to have more sizes available. dp floral tea dressdp floral tea dress button detaildp lbddp lbd waist detaildp lbd net underneathI also tried on this floral puffball dress, which was just added to the site recently and then in the sale. They didn't have my size, so I ordered it along with these other 2 dresses. I've glanced at them on the website and never really taken any interest in them, but when I saw them in real life, they are stunning. The fabrics used are beautful and so shimmery, the images just don't do them justice at all. So I'm looking forward to receiving them this week.
dorothy perkins sale dressesOn a side note, I get so annoyed with websites that offer discount codes and the like and they don't work. All over the DP site, they advertise free shipping with any order over £75. I was spending exactly that, yet was charged £4 standard delivery. There was no code to type in, it was supposed to be automatically deducted. It really irks me, when you have to go to the hassle of emailing them and then waiting to get a refund. When I think of the amount of people that will have ordered from them over the weekend and probably not noticed that they didn't get the free shipping or can't be bothered to argue it, it's terrible

Click pics to enlarge. Have you managed to get any sales bargains this week?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.