Tuesday 17 March 2015

Day 17 #BeRealMarch

I only noticed the creases on my face as I uploaded this photo and saw it larger. I did just wake up, so I guess that's why I have lines across my eyelid and forehead!
BeRealMarch selfie

I don't know about you, but once I'm in my bed I can't help but go through all possible sleep positions. I'm such a wriggler! I always start out facing the wall, then try the other side, then my front, which lasts about 2 seconds as I realise my boobs are far too big for it to be comfortable. Then I lie on my back and usually in the morning, I wake up on my front or kinda front side-ish. I go through all those a million times throughout the night. You'd think after 34, nearly 35 years of sleeping, I'd know which position is comfiest, no? My little sister is the opposite as she 'trained' herself to sleep in one position on the edge of her bed after toys and teddies took over, when she was little. Even though she has less clutter on her bed now, she's still a creature of habit and lies right at the edge and doesn't move. I also do the one leg out the bed thing quite a lot...like I'm too warm all in, but I like the duvet up around my neck with my arms inside for security, so I stick one leg out of the covers and it's perfect. I am a weirdo! I also realise I could never share a bed with anyone now, because I'm so accustomed to getting it and the duvet all to myself!  Are you a wriggler or not?

#BeRealMarch information

Day 16 #BeRealMarch

6 comments :

  1. This post cracked me up:) I usually start on my front and work my way to the side and I have to have my feet sticking out from under the duvet or else I get too hot. M used to sleep with socks on (when we lived in the old flat, he was taller than the bed so his feet would be sticking out), I could never fall asleep with socks on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how tall people manage it, because I always feel like my bed is too small for me and I'm not exactly a giant!

      Delete
  2. That's so funny! I feel like I must move around a lot, but that can't be the case because sometimes the cat sleeps the whole night on the bed and he's not very tolerant of moving around. I guess maybe I just move side-to-back-to-front? But I go through some serious temperature changes. I get really cold as I fall asleep, then in the morning I warm up a lot until I'm too hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've taken to sleeping with a fleece blanket as extra warmth, but I always end up twisted around it and far too hot!

      Delete
  3. I am definitely a wriggler. I also usually go through both sides back and front before ending up tightly curled in a front side hybrid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it strange how we don't just get into the position first and stay in it?! x

      Delete

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.