Friday 31 December 2010

Recent Shoe Hauls

Shortly before Christmas a few more of the things I'd ordered online were delivered. I haven't had the time or space to properly photograph them yet but took these very quick images the evening I received them. The lighting therefore is hopeless, but some of the pictures have turned out ok.

First up are my
Jean Paul Gaultier Melissa sandals from Shudoo which looked better without the tights I was wearing that day, so no 'on the foot' photos. They are a little tight on me, true to size in length though. I actually forgot how thin the heel was when I was prancing around my room in them. You definitely don't feel like you have to tread carefully for fear of snapping it. Upon closer inspection, I realised it's metal-obviously it would have to be otherwise a jelly heel that narrow wouldn't hold any weight. The strapping at the heel is a little odd, you have that large black slingback which just sits at the heel. I was trying to pull it right up, because it feels like it's falling down, when actually it's supposed to sit like that (will take a bit of getting used to). There's a double row of the clear strapping which is attached to the inside of that strap and your heel doesn't really sit pushed back into the heel section of the sandal (these straps jut out and your foot is further forward). It just looks a little weird from the back when it's on the foot. In my haste (and excitement), I didn't realise they came with a dustbag until I was browsing the photos I took and spotted it in the box!
Now you may recall I ordered two sizes of these ('Partytime' by ASOS). So glad, because the 5 were too small and I've returned them. Even the 6 can be a struggle to get all your toes lying flat and comfortable. I actually wore these on Boxing Day when my sister and her family came, with my ASOS Curve floral maxi (a killer combo fyi). So they are long overdue a little outing on The Shoe Girl Diaries. They've unfortunately sold out in this colourway, but there's still plain black, black with leopard platform + heel or for double the price, a diamante pair.
I'm a sucker for glitter and especially so if it's multi coloured! I like that they have a more manageable chunky heel which is a little different from most party shoes. They are very high though, I was towering above everyone (just as well, as my maxi is very long). I suppose they're a little like the mullet haircut, all 'business' on top but 'party' down below!
I also have some pics of my Irregular Choice No Pain, All Gain boots from Branch 309, which arrived that same day. They sit mid calf rather than knee high (again sorry, no foot photos). In the foot, they fit true to size with a very wide, roomy toe. I can just zip these up over my legs (there's no stretch in them), I think my legs are probably slightly larger than most but not massive by any means. I love that the zip is multi coloured to blend in with the boot and I love IC for actually including a zip at all (are they finally listening?). The heel is mirrored, marbled, metallic (which I wasn't aware of from online images). The box they came in is gigantic (where am I going to put it?) and absolutely adorable (I don't yet have this 'Alice' image). Oh and I've just found these (crap!) pictures on my computer of the Miss Selfridge shoe-boots I bought in the sale a while back. They are very chunky looking and thankfully have 2 straps with 'working' buckles or else I wouldn't get my feet in. They just fit and no more (I bought my regular size)! The heel feels very low which it probably is, considering the size of the platform. I can see me getting wear out of these when the snow has gone but it's still cold.

It seems to be taking me ages to write posts these days, I don't know where my head is at! So, I just want to wish everyone a very Happy New Year. I'm not doing anything special tonight on Hogmanay, but I hope wherever you are, you're happy and safe. I'm hoping 2011 is a turnaround year for me-there's so much I want to achieve and my stars are looking good! PHP x x x

No comments :

Post a Comment

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.