Wednesday 29 December 2010

Estee Lauder Haul

Hi! Hope you've all had a good Christmas. I'm keen to get back into my routine, these past few weeks have all been a bit of a blur and I need normality again! Remember the Estee Lauder haul I did weeks ago? Well unfortunately it's coming to you later than I intended, but better that than never right? I'm super pleased with everything I got and the service from their online store is incredible. My items came gift wrapped (free), with free delivery and I got all these extras; Double Wear mascara, Bronze Goddess Sunscreen, Automatic Lip Pencil in Fig and Signature Hydra Lustre Lipstick in Chic Pink, oh and my gorgeous Christmas tree bauble (the whole reason I ordered!). Mum said I should've given her the bauble for Christmas as it's her initials on it!
Fig lip liner is something I'm sure I'll get a lot of use from. It's a pale brown that's very dupable (is that a word?), lots of brands make that type of shade is what I'm trying to say, but it's great for those slightly darker than nude lipsticks. Chic Pink lipstick isn't a shade I'd pick for myself, in the tube it looks very coral or salmon pink which I usually try to avoid. However it's actually pretty sheer and possibly much more wearable than I thought. The coral colour disappears and you're left with a light, ever so peachy pink.
As for the items I purchased. I'm dying to review this Double Wear foundation, but I will do so later, rather than filling up this post with an in depth review, suffice to say I love it! The colour is not at all what I expected, 1C1 Shell looks cool toned and very, very pink in the online swatch and I did have my doubts as to whether or not this would actually be too light for me. In reality it's actually pretty perfect, a palest ivory. In the swatch I've blended a little of it, although my hand isn't the same shade as my face, but you get the idea. If you are pale like me and I reckon I have pink undertones, then this shade should suit.
The lipstick is wowtastic (definitely not a word). Check out that gold glitter! It doesn't run all the way through and even swatching the top layer, not a single piece of glitter showed up (kinda freaky). The colour underneath looks much more browny in the tube than swatched where it's a rich raspberry. As a side note, my MAC Marcel Wanders stuff came the same day and although they look completely different in the tube, the Digna lipstick is an absolute dead ringer for this Estee Lauder shade. I'll post comparison pics in my MAC post (which is still to come).

2 comments :

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.