Thursday 30 December 2010

Irregular Choice SS11

The time has come, Christmas is over and Spring/Summer stock is already filtering into the shops! If you're still trying to snap up winter high-street bargains in the sale and can't even contemplate swapping your cosy gloves and scarf for a skimpy bikini and shades then you should perhaps visit Spar to get in the spirit-they were selling Cadbury Creme Eggs, Mini Eggs and all sorts of Easter eggs in early December. Seriously!
Moving on...Irregular Choice have started rolling out the spring stock and I'm happy to see these Can't Touch It courts which I posted on the IC forum months ago. They are a fresh take on the Fantasy Flower from last summer. I like the hessian mixed with purple and I'm always happy to see the carved perspex heel which has become a signature feature of IC.
Scottie Dog courts have been revamped as an exclusive to Schuh in lime green and pale pink. I'm a little on the fence with these, can't decide if they're garish or quite cute. I do get a little perplexed at some of the 'makeovers' Schuh give to old IC styles, sometimes I think the rehashing of old fabrics and shapes doesn't work and good shoes should be left alone. The new Trinklettina are a leading example, just too much going on there (lovely fabrics alone but not together).
As much as I love florals, the new Flick Flack (seriously how many times are we going to revamp FF?) are again too much. There's three different flowery prints, a patterned sole and a green printed insole...wah. The pink are available from Schuh and both black and pink are available on the IC site.
One shoe that always seems to work no matter which colour it comes in is the floral cortesan mary-jane from Schuh (exclusive). I'm sure many will be delighted with it's subtle transformation.
Tea & Cakes are a new style (another Schuh exclusive) that almost descend from the previous shoe. It's one print all over and instead of a corsage detail, it has a large bow-always a winner with me. They have a very retro feel and I'd love to see if other stores will do alternative colours.
Finally if trainers are your thing, then I'm sure you'll absolutely think these are the shizzle. Or at least they would appear to be to me, a non-sneaker wearing girl. You have wild colours and prints and cute little charms that are sure to get noticed. I don't keep track of this range on the IC site but I believe the Meteora are new colours whilst Trek Asteroid, Comet and Celestrial Sphere are completely new styles. All available from the IC site.

3 comments :

  1. IC have some ace stuff coming out for ss. Back on form, thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the flick flack's :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved last the SS collection too, glad to see they are keeping quirky prints and things like the perspex heel.

    I want to like the flick flacks, they just aren't doing it for me in these prints.

    ReplyDelete

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.