Friday 24 October 2008

Gothic Glam Look

As I just told you, I'm sporting the Glossy Goth look today. I looked out my old faithful net skirt that I bought from Primark years ago (similar to this one below, at ASOS £30) and a black lace blouse, some lacey tights and my Faith Sunly grey peep toe boots.

I don't know if you remember me telling you about how much I loved the Sunly and Stogo boots from Faith? Well I took the plunge and with a 20% discount bought both pairs. Stogo turned out to be much paler than they look on the website (almost white) and didn't fit me. The deep 'v' in the front, where the bow is, were stopping the blood circulation in my foot! So they had to go back. Faith have a strange and not very helpful returns policy, where if I had opted for a replacement in a bigger size I'd have had to pay new postage costs as well as the price of sending the original boots back. They treat this like a new order. I decided against doing so incase they too didn't fit. I kept Sunly though and low and behold the next week they appear in the Faith sale! Even with my discount, the boots were £14 cheaper than what I'd paid. Having so many shoes, it's not often I pay a lot for them (I couldn't afford to), so this was a big decision for me and it didn't exactly turn out well. Anyway, I've been trying to wear Sunly as much as possible to pretend to myself that it was all worth it!

I also wore some beautiful pearl necklaces I got recently from ASOS. One is smaller beads with a large skull cameo (£12, I also bought the matching ring and bracelet, also £12 each), the other is a shorter chunky pearl necklace (£6).
I decided against wearing the black lips until I purchase one of the lip products, but instead opted for darkest purple. I used Lancome Le Crayon Contour in Violette (which I think was LE years ago) and Calvin Klein Lip Color Wash in Wine. Unlike the name suggests, this is not actually sheer and definitely more plum than wine. This combo is probably as black as my lips would get without actually being black. To make it work I kept the rest of my makeup simple, lots of mascara, the tiniest bit of eyeliner (my eyes need definition) and a little Milani blush in Temptation to contour. I'm really happy with this look today (although when I popped out this afternoon, I think my neighbours thought Halloween had come early!) and will definitely be trying more gothic inspired outfits for winter.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.