Monday 10 June 2013

Monster High Monday: Ghoul's Alive Frankie


I wanted something with contrasting colours this week and certainly got it with Frankie, combining bright red with purple! Ghoul's Alive were the launch of three dolls dressed much the same as the original versions but with their freaky traits enhanced.
Frankie is the daughter of Frankenstein, so she already comes with stitches, scars and bolts in her neck, but with the push of a button she crackles or sizzles and her face and rib-cage light up! It's pretty neat!
Anyway I ended up selling my original Frankie after never taking her out of the box and deciding I could live with the light up version alone. The makeup is similar to the original but the finish is slightly different purely because she isn't made from the same plastic as the regular dolls. It looks very matte and powdery with no shimmer or gloss at all. So from that view-point I struggled a little upon colour-matching because we all know I like a sparkle or two.
So on the face I applied Lancome Teint Miracle in 005 Beige Ivoire with Dainty Doll Concealer in 001 under the eyes and 002 on blemishes. I also applied YSL Touche Eclat in 2 under the eyes. I finished with Clarins Ever Matte Mineral Powder Compact in 00 Translucent Opal and wore a little Models Own Powder Blush in Warm Glow on my cheeks (even although Frankie wears no cheek colour).
Over Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion, I applied Estee Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow in 29 Orchid winging it up and out over the crease towards the eyebrow. I tidied up the edges and I would've loved if the doll had worn some highlighting powder under the brow because the lines were quite harsh without it. I then applied Urban Decay Matte Eyeshadow in Revolver along the lower lashline. The colour match was perfect.
On my lashes is YSL Baby Doll mascara with YSL waterproof eye pencil on the lower and upper lashlines and Lancome Artliner for small flicks. 
The lips were super bright red and I knew just the lipstick for the job! I got this the other day, it's YSL Rouge Pur Couture in 01 Le Rouge. I wore it over Pout's Lip Line Definer which is a clear liner. Obviously there is a slight gloss finish, but I don't think I own any matte reds.
So there it is for another week. I liked the bright red, I would've liked to soften the eye like I mentioned, but overall it wasn't too bad. I jotted down all the dolls I've emulated so far and this is actually my 21st week, which I hadn't realised! I was starting to get muddled with who I'd already used and who hadn't, but not to worry there are still plenty of weeks to come. Do you think I got it right this week? My corresponding outfit post can be seen here at The Shoe Girl Diaries.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.