Sunday 3 February 2013

Sharing The Love

I didn't make any resolutions at the start of the year because I figured life is difficult enough without putting more 'rules' or boundaries or restrictions on yourself.  Generally speaking though, I wanted to devote more time to commenting on other blogs and discovering new blogs or to 'keep it up' as I'd already started towards the end of last year. I've been blogging for years now and it's still exciting and greatly appreciated when someone leaves you a comment (other than spam). Back at the start, I had no idea if anyone was even reading and I have to say it took a good couple of years until people started commenting. I've been guilty of lurking on certain blogs and then I just thought to myself, it's ridiculous because those bloggers don't even know I'm reading and agreeing or disagreeing with what they're saying! Then it made me think that I probably have 'lurkers' too, who visit regularly and read everything, but don't comment. So I guess, I would just encourage you to comment (not just on my blog), because it's really fulfilling from the bloggers point of view to know you like/don't like what's being written no matter if you have a 'blogger account' or not.  If you do have your own blog, it's a great way of other people clicking through to your site if they see your comment. I also think it's nice to form some sort of 'community' within the blogosphere, because we're all sitting on our lonesome typing away, so it's nice to form 'friendships' even if they are virtual ones (for me it's actually my main way of connecting with 'the world').
I was also wondering how you keep track of the blogs you like? Personally I use a combination of bookmarking links, following through blogger/google and following on Bloglovin'. The latter I've really stepped up in the past couple of months and I'd say I rely on that the most these days. I realised it was easier to keep track of new posts that way (and I like that you get a daily email update from your fave blogs as it reminds me to click). I just spent this morning adding a whole lot of new blogs to my reading list on there and I'm going to try and read and comment more on all of them. I realise it's all time consuming (especially with those darn security codes on some blogs-I've been getting heaps of spam comments this year but am refusing to revert to codes, as I personally find them impossible to read), but if you're already reading something daily, it doesn't take any more than 2 minutes to write "I love those shoes", "I have that dress" or "your hair looks like Marge Simpson" and it means a whole lot to the blogger (maybe not that last comment, although I am clearly chanelling her in the pic above).  Soooo, now what I'd like to do is update my blogroll list in the sidebar to share the love and hopefully my readers can be inspired by some blogs they didn't know about already. When I've got a spare moment I'll go through them and delete any out of date links (oooh way harsh!) and I'd like to add lots of new blogs to the list. If you think I'd like your blog or know that I already read it and it's not on my list, then let me know in the comments of this post. I'd mostly like fashion, beauty and fatshion blogs on that list please. If you would like to return the favour and link to my blog(s) also then that is very kind. I also want to leave you links below of how you can get in touch with me/follow the blogs. Again I'm trying to get better at posting more frequently on them all (although it is quite hard as I'm only one ickle person)!  I have the two blogs, Facebook, Tumblr (I'll follow you back unless your pictures make me feel sick or I get the impression you're a pervert!), YouTube, Bloglovin'...I think I'm on HelloCotton too and there's also my email. Pheweee! A new TSGD outfit post coming soon, involving leopard print, mermaids and bunnies rather randomly!

Pink Haired Princess (PHP) my original blog, covering fashion and beauty.
The Shoe Girl Diaries (TSGD) daily outfit posts with the emphasis on pretty shoes!
Tumblr
Facebook
YouTube
Bloglovin' PHP
Bloglovin' TSGD

32 comments :

  1. I leave a lot of comments as I check in daily-your blog is my guilty pleasure lol! no seriously I have really taken inspiration from your style so thanks! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I'd noticed you were commenting a lot more! (Thank you, as a grateful recipient!) and that's a really nice blogging resolution to do that! I notice, there is a core network that the blogs I like, tend to like the other blogs I like (if you know what I mean!)
    I do hope you are well!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and yes I totally know what you mean and have noticed that too! I used to miss some of your posts because I forgot to visit, but now with bloglovin' I can see when you've updated, so it's much simpler (squeak)!

      Delete
  3. Never thought of it like that before. Do check in everyday or so but never thought to comment. Keep on doing what you are doing. Really like the doll posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done it too to so many blogs that I've visited for years, then just thought, how can I expect people to comment on mine if I don't comment on theirs?

      Thanks for the feedback too re the dolls, didn't know if I was boring everyone with doll overload!

      Delete
    2. I love the Monster High dolls but can't afford to start buying because I won't stop at one or two, so I get to stare at them longingly through your collection.

      Love your take on the Monster High make up too

      Delete
    3. I've bought far too many recently, but my wishlist was looooong ; )

      Delete
  4. I noticed you'd come to visit my blog and left a few comments, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello from a lurker! Just a quick note to say I always read your blog. I love your style and often take inspiration from your posts. Actually wearing the Paul & Joe pixie polish right now that I recently bought after seeing your review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fabulous! Do you like the polish? I think it's wonderful!

      Delete
  6. i love monster high mondays and i love the idea of the weekly lipsticks too, id like to know how you like the lippies after a week of constant use =]

    we have the same hair colour as well coincidentally ; )


    rocking blue since 2008 haha <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's a good idea about the lipstick challenge, I've kinda toyed with the idea of doing a summary each week. Thanks for your comments x

      Delete
  7. Hello from yet another lurker. *waves frantically*

    I've been lurking for around a year, I adore your style and I'm pretty sure I fell in love with you a little bit after reading your "(Beautiful)" post back in July.

    Your hair is amazing and you've inspired me to go blue again, now that I have a job that will put up with that sort of thing. =)

    -Another Anon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you! The Beautiful post was major for me, glad it was well received x

      Delete
  8. I love all the blog you do! I also love to see that there are people just like me out there too! Shoes are my passion! So your shoe diaries are the first thing I look at when I wake up... I have OCD... And my routine can't be broken! Else my day gets off to a rough start!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I echo everything that Lucy said. I'm a lurker and I really love reading your blog. I also bought paul and joe pixie nail varnish due to your review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah another P&J lover...do you love it? Thanks for your comments x

      Delete
  10. I read every single post, although I definitely dont comment often enough! I usually read on bloglovin through my iPhone and it makes commenting a pain! I do want you to know that your posts are incredibly appreciated! I love your shoes, your outfits, your MH dolls, your colorful hair, your makeup, and most importantly you! Whenever I see a crazy pair of shoes, I always think of you first! Yesterday I bought my second MH doll after seeing her on your blog, Rochelle Goyle. And I constantly lament the fact that your brands are so much more fun than the ones in the US! Anyways, I just wanted you to know that I love your blog and read every single post!

    I don't blog (I tried and failed miserably!), but I am on Facebook with my photography at www.facebook.com/ashleyhollowayphoto

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you so much, lovely to hear. Rochelle is a cutie pie, I really like her. I managed to get Roller Maze Lagoona yesterday, Scary Tales Clawdeen the day before (half price in the sale) and Dot Dead Gorgeous Operetta last week. I just ordered the new dance class ones (Howleen, Lagoona and Operetta), so I have to stop the doll buying for now because that's more than enough!

      Delete
  11. I love reading your posts :)
    I found your blog while searching for a review - Pearl Lowe dress, and since... I am addicted to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think a lot of people found me through Pearl Lowe searches : )

      Delete
  12. I usually just bookmark the blogs I read on a daily basis (both PinkHairedPrincess and ShoeGirlDiaries are on my daily blog list) :) I don't always comment but then again, there's usually always a pair of shoes I love/adore/wish I had :)

    I think you know my blog :) (www.msveve.blogspot.com) though it's not on your list :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally thought your blog was on my list last time I updated it...will rectify that ; )

      Delete
  13. You did wear turquoise lips. We've all already seen them *yawn*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I assume this comment was intended for the post above this one? Not everyone reads both my blogs, so they maybe haven't seen that already.

      Delete
  14. Hi just thought you should know I read all your blog posts and I love them all x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it ! You are just adorable . awwww and Irregular Choice is my style too.

    makelifecolorful.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to add your blog when I'm updating : )

      Delete

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.