Wednesday 6 February 2013

Monster High Monday - Gloom Beach Frankie

Finally getting this post done and by the looks of things the images have remained the same size, wonders will never cease! This week was a bit of a tricky one because it involved a lip colour that I knew I didn't have and also because the eye and lip were practically the same shade and let me tell you, that can be hard to work!
The doll in question is Frankie from Gloom Beach, who I forgot I owned until I found her (opened but) in a box in my room before I sorted out my doll storage. I then questioned why I'd even bought her as she isn't really a 'must-have' for me considering I don't religiously collect all the Frankie dolls (actually it turns out I have (or did have) more of her than Clawdeen who I do consider myself a collector of). Anyway, she already has green skin but decided to go all out with a pretty green lip and eye! In the end I'd say this turned out to be one of my better MHM's as it really captured the look of the doll (minus bolts in my neck and stitches on my cheek)!
So for the eye, it needed to be bold and bright and a green toned turquoise. Think a turquoise mint (two different shades I know). I own tonnes of green but was struggling to find the exact match.  First I came up with Barry M Kohl Pencil in 13, which I decided to use as a base on the lid and along the lower lashline. To strengthen that shade I opted for MAC/McQueen satin eyeshadow in Haunting. It was pretty perfect! I added MAC Zoom Lash mascara (didn't think much of it), YSL Waterproof eye pencil and Topshop liquid pen Liner. In 'real life' I would prefer to soften the look with a highlighter under the brow, but seeing as Frankie didn't have it, I didn't either.
On my face is still the 'mystery' foundation (review next week I promise), with Illamasqua Rich Foundation in 115 as an under eye concealer, ELF Studio HD loose powder in Translucent and some BeneFit (Shangri-La Sheers) Face Color in You've Got Some Nirvana (which Frankie doesn't have), which is an old LE item.
Without any turquoise or green lipstick, I decided to make-do with the Barry M kohl pencil again. I lined and filled in my lips with it then added some ELF Plumping Lip Glaze (which is just sheer shimmery) and kept blotting/re-applying until I was happy. I decided to add a little bit of No7 Stay Perfect eyeshadow in 12 Pacific Green onto my finger and ran it along my lips too, just to get the perfect shade. Her lips aren't quite as intense and slightly lighter than her eye makeup, which I feel I replicated.
Again, I played around with my eyes until I had one blue and one green just like Frankie (wouldn't it be handy if I could change my eyes like a Blythe doll)! The lips looked a little streaky in places although I think the camera has emphasised it more than in real life. What do you think of this week? I think I can pull of the blue/green eyes better than the aqua lips! Plus, yes I did actually go outside looking like this.  Well I blotted it a little (!) and then by the time I got home (snow blizzard day), I was a big wet mess with real 'blue lips' anyway! Here's The Shoe Girl Diaries post of my outfit that day.

13 comments :

  1. Love how your hair, eyes and lips match :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favourite of your Monster High looks. You can totally pull off the lips as well as the eyes.
    Looking forward to the reveal & review of the mysterious foundation.
    I've got a little pot of Clinique's Redness Solutions foundation to try out in the hope of evening out my skin when it's recovering from a Lupus flare.
    YSL is still lovely but I'm in need of something more at the moment.
    Popped into Debenhams to take a look at the foundation & came out with an Urban Decay setting spray & the Wizard of Oz Glinda pallette! It's so pretty & the lip colour is gorgeous plus the original is one of my fave films ever ;0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope the Clinique works for you, haven't tried it myself. Yes, looking forward to finally revealing the foundation. I must admit I was rather excited to get back to my YSL foundation! Oooh, I saw those palettes (online only as my Debenhams don't stock UD), they look pretty.

      Delete
  3. Wow! You actually pull off the matching turquoise eyes and lips quite well! This is a really fun look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! Wasn't sure if the lips were just too cool toned for me!

      Delete
  4. Love these MHMs :) however had a weird dream last night that I bought a MH doll in a shop that was labelled £28 75 but only when I was paying with my card did the assistant point out that this was £2,875 not £28.75! She said I would have to pay by direct debit instalments. Woke up very stressed! Bizarre.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh...that sounds like the type of strange dream I'd have!

      Delete
  5. awesome blue-combo★
    and you are much prettier than dall

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow that looks amazing! you're so beautiful too c:
    http://accioabigail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Monster high is awesome, wish it was around when I was younger!

    http://chicgeekblogger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too, it was a choice of brunette or blonde Sindy in my day!

      Delete

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.