Monday 25 February 2013

Monster High Monday: Dance Class Operetta

Sometimes it feels like Monday comes round real fast and it's 'Monster High Monday' again! This week I'm featuring one of my newest dolls and she's gone right up to my favourites list. I wanted her, but when I got her, I realised she was even cooler and more amazing than I'd originally thought! She is Operetta, daughter of the Phantom Of The Opera.
She has lilac toned skin and a rockabilly style which I think is super cute. She's pretty partial to a red lip! She always comes with a little mask like the Phantom as she has some 'artwork' and 'disfigured' carvings on her arm and one side of her face, just like Daddy! As scary as that should be-I think she looks stunning with it.
I also got to add a little beauty spot just next to the lower lip and switched my eyes for grey ones, not too scary actually.
So, I started with Lancome Teint Miracle in 005 with Illamasqua Rich Foundation in 115 under the eyes, Playboy First Blush in Pink Pussycat and finishing with E.L.F. Studio HD loose powder in Translucent.
On my lips are Pout Lip Line Definer and Clarins lipstick in Passion 330 (now discontinued).
The eyes took quite a lot of products. Starting with Too Faced Shadow Insurance, I applied the all over base shade (shimmery) from the Lancome Color Design palette in 103 Golden Frenzy. Next I took the pink shade from Lancome Color Fever Quad in 350, which is a really frosty pink that was required for this look. I just applied it from the lash line to a little past the crease. On top of that in the crease, I used Estee Lauder 08 Dusk (I had a GWP duo pot), which is a dusky purple for the smokey look. I didn't think there was enough of a contrast between the purple and the pink, so I applied a little Sonia Kashuk (no idea where I got this from) Enhance Eye Color in 06 Amethyst, which is a brighter purple. Under the lower lash line I blended some of the silver shade from Too Faced Ooh & Aah duo.
My liner is YSL Waterproof pencil with a flick of Lancome ArtLiner and Lancome Hypnose Star mascara.
It was alright-ish this week, the lipstick was ridiculously bright in the flesh, but I think in real life all the colours at least looked similar to Operetta. We'll see what I manage to come up with next week and in the meantime if you'd like to see me sans grey eyes and beauty spot, then head over to The Shoe Girl Diaries for an outfit I think Operetta would be proud of actually!

2 comments :

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.