Life Lately: Week 2
Post does not contain PR gifted items. Post contains some affiliate links, marked with * (affiliate links can earn the blog a small commission on purchases made).
Hello, here's my second weekly summary of what's been happening. I wanted to post it last week, but I was busy doing other things and am trying not to beat myself up too much if blogging isn't as punctual as it should be. Health-wise I'm at a point where I have to choose one thing or another, I can't do both, so I made that choice and I enjoyed what I was doing. I'm genuinely so happy to have a few blog posts completed already, I wasn't sure I'd manage it, so I'm not putting pressure on myself to do more than I can. I hope you're all coping as best as you can with the heat (I was actually in tears watching the fires on the news). It had been cooler here recently, but unfortunately back to sweltering the past few days. I know we're nowhere near the hottest in the country, but whether it's 25 or 35, it's all "too hot" for me. I can't function, I can't move and sleeping is awful. Anyway, I have quite a lot to get through in this post. If you missed what this feature is about, here's the link to Life Lately Week 1 and it's basically just a summary of what I've been watching, doing, buying etc. My little disclaimer is that I'm months behind, sorry! So this isn't up-to-date news, but I'll get there eventually *crosses fingers*.
What I've been doing; sorting out my hair clasps. I previously told you I wore different clips every day and honestly it's been the worst thing for my hair, it's in terrible condition from doing it, but my hair is otherwise so ugly these days (haven't dyed it since 2019, can't style it daily and can only manage to wash it once a week) so I need a little something. I have this round box, a bit like a hat box (was the Paul & Joe advent calendar a few years back), it has a divider inside with a smaller section, so I keep small clasps and my elastic hair ties in there and the bigger clasps in the main section. I'm in this box every single day, so it had gotten so messy and I was struggling to find what I needed. I tidied it all up, threw out some tired looking ones and it looks so much better. I also had this crushed velvet jewellery box from Flower Knows which has been looking for a purpose (though really I've just created more bulk by housing them in 2 boxes). So I put most of my FK clips in there (it's double layered), along with some other metal ones. A small job, but one that needed doing. My arms were aching afterwards, so it was all I managed that week.
Something we didn't have last time, is my empties. These are all the beauty products I finished in the month-I save them up so I can photograph them together. I explained last time that I rarely buy skin/bodycare because I already own so much through GWP's (gifts with purchase), so most of what you see here is just that, sample sizes, deluxe travel sizes and sometimes even full size freebies. I thought I'd give brief reviews of each and whether I'd buy them again.
Tatcha The Kissu Lip Mask*, loved this, a thick, clear jelly (also love the spatula housed in the lid), would definitely buy again (actually already have several in my stash). Tatcha Indigo Overnight Repair*, I used this mini size after using up a full size jar I'd bought. I like it, don't love it, think there's better (and worse) out there for a night cream. You do need to use a tiny amount, it suggested a "pearl" size (are pearls not all different sizes?), which was considerably smaller than I would've used, but actually it was plenty. YSL Pure Shots Airthin UV Defender SPF 50, rest in peace my dear friend. Gutted they discontinued this (though I have been trialling many promising ones since). Was very runny, like water, but light once on. I loved it and repurchased too many times to remember over the years. Clarins Super Restorative Day Cream*, my favourite Clarins range, always appreciate getting any of these products in a GWP. AXIS-Y Dark Spot Correcting Glow Serum*, meh, can't say I noticed anything using this. Quite like the tube/pump aspect, but wouldn't repurchase (this was a full size GWP in a goody bag). Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream, another discontinued item. I've used quite a few of these sample jars over the years, it was a nice enough eye cream. Dior Addict Rosy Glow* EDP vial, already bought the 30ml from trialling this, definitely aimed at a younger market (all of the new trio that launched), a sugary type of rose. Completely different to Dior Addict EDP. Clarins Total Cleansing Oil*, oh was glad to finish this. It has an odd smell, like something that is supposed to be unfragranced but smells, couldn't care how it performed because the smell was so off-putting. No7 Future Renew Damage Reversal Night Serum*, only had a small sample so didn't notice anything groundbreaking, but liked it. Paul & Joe Nail Oil Limited 002, it takes me so long to finish nail oil, but I do keep it sitting next to me in the hope I use it regularly! This was from their advent calendar a couple of years ago, was very nice, had an orangey scent. It's really handy as it comes in a squeezy tube with small brush applicator. L'Oreal Professionnel Serie Expert Absolut Repair Golden Mask*, I've tried a lot now from this hair care range and have really liked everything so far. Farmacy Green Clean Makeup Meltaway Cleansing Balm*, again something I've trialled before and like. Whilst I don't wear makeup these days, I do still like a balm or oil in the evening as I wear sunscreen every day. This feels very lightweight, glides easily across the skin and removes everything efficiently. Dr Jart+ Vital Hydra Solution Hydrating Lip Mask*, absolutely loved this. Bought it because of the adorable bear faced pot, but I thoroughly enjoyed using this balm overnight. I would normally be more attracted to something with a nice smell or taste, this is unfragranced, but it was still pleasant to use. It's one of those balms that I could still feel the next morning (I hate when a balm has worn off by the time I lie down), you need a tiny amount so it lasts ages. Would definitely buy again, but am banning myself from buying more masks/balms as I have too many in my stash currently.What I've been listening to; Obsessed with NASA by Ateez. I loved Adrenaline, it felt like a hark back to the likes of Wonderland or Bouncy, but now NASA has surpassed Adrenaline, I can't get enough of it. Plus their songs are always so much better when you watch their performances.
What I've been watching; Finished ER season 7, started season 8, some of my all time favourite episodes-Abby's Mum (Sally Field is just brilliantly awful as Maggie), "Carby" moments (Carter and Abby-takes longer than I think for them to get together), that rampage episode at the end of S7 is just...wah! Trying to catch YouTube videos from the Seoul Aniteez In Color pop-up (more about that later in this post), next episode of Run BTS. In Your Radiant Season on Disney+, finished episode 5, it's a bit slow for me.
What perfumes I've been wearing; Day and bedtime scent round-up below and you can check my LOTD Week 2 post for which perfumes I wore when.
Daytime fragrance, clockwise from top left; Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Nil* EDT, YSL Black Opium Over Red* EDP, Moschino Funny!* EDT, Ferragamo Amo Ferragamo Per Lei EDP, Jean Paul Gaultier Classique Pride* (2024) EDT, Prada Les Infusions de Rhubarbe* EDP with Kayali Yum Boujee Marshmallow 81* EDP, Anna Sui Fantasia Mermaid EDT. Bedtime fragrances, clockwise from top left; Miu Miu Fleur de Lait* EDP, Marc Jacobs Daisy Murakami Green* EDP, Flower Knows Dewy Rose (Bunny Garden) EDT, Prada Les Infusions de Amande* EDP, Prada Les Infusions de Rose* EDP and Kayali Yum Boujee Marshmallow 81* EDP.What I bought; It was the end of the month, so I did a Sephora haul (they usually do their goody bag then, "free when you spend £x on anything"). I decided to try Half Magic, a brand I haven't bought anything from before. I got the Magic Drip Glitter Lip Gloss in Blushing Lizard (a mauve beige with green flash), Chaos Prone (mid to dark neutral toned brown) and Problem Child (black with silver glitter). I really like these, the colours are interesting (that green flash in BL is insane), super sparkly but smooth and non-sticky. My only gripe is the applicator is very small and doesn't pick up much product, so I have to re-dip several times for one application. I also got the Sculptitude 2 in 1 Lip Liner which has Ur My Taupe on one end, a cooler toned brown that I've been reaching for a lot and then Badassery Parade. BP is black, so is great to use in the corners, smudged out for depth on top of the taupe or of course, under Problem Child to deepen that black as the gloss is quite sheer. The last thing was from their Euphoria collection (never seen it so won't pretend to know anything about it), B*tch Ur My Soulmate Extra Plush Lip Gloss in Never Been Happier. This is a squeezy tube gloss with rubber applicator with several holes in it. I really love the shade, a plummy rosewood, it's super glossy with no glitter. It can look a little uneven, even when worn over liner. It's not patchy when you're applying it, it just tends to congregate around the outer and inner parts of the lip.
All swatches by the way are taken indoors in natural light on a bare arm and I don't edit the colour/lighting in my swatch photos ever. The lipliner swatch above was actually taken once I'd removed the swatches, the pencil barely budged. I also got the Ole Henriksen Pout Preserve Hydrating Peptide Lip Treatment* in Sweet Macaron. I bought a set of 5 of their glimmer shades in a set in the January sales and oh my gosh, it was love at first use. I absolutely adore the plush feeling of them. This one is a newer shade, not a glimmer (glitter) one, it smells very sweet and has a slanted rubber applicator. I also got the Summer Fridays Lip Butter Balm* in Vanilla for free with my Gold Tier loyalty points. It's just clear, but it smells delicious. The applicator on this one is clear (but also rubbery/jelly-like) and the slant is curved. It's full-size so was a good deal.
Here's the GWP, in a pink and orange quilted vanity case. The sunscreens I was happy to get. Excited to see a full size perfume, although the scent itself is meh. Philip Kingsley...ah, I could honestly sell PK, I have so much (always in goody bags, beauty boxes and advent calendars) and I just don't use it. I hate the concept of pre-shampoo treatments, where you have to shower, put the product in, then get back out and wait 20-30 minutes before getting back into the shower again to wash it out. What am I doing in the half hour? Why are you making me shower twice in a day? I don't have time or energy for any of that!
What I want to buy; Aniteez In Color. Aniteez is the main character merchandise from Ateez. Each member (there's 8) have an animal character and my sister and I just love them. I'm a huge Ateez fan, I have my favourites (Wooyoung then Hongjoong), but really I like them all (Seonghwa and Yeosang both fascinate me). When it comes to merch, Wooyoung (black cat) is my priority, but I also buy Hongjoong (squirrel), Seonghwa (pink bunny) and occasionally Yeosang (maltese). For Aniteez In Color, their characters were different colours from usual (Yeosang was mint instead of cream, so I definitely want that) and there were multi-coloured versions (which would be great if you were at the pop-up as you could choose the one you preferred, i.e. some had a good mix of all colours or some were more mint or pink or peach). There was a pop up shop in Korea, so we were able to watch videos of people who had been and see what they'd bought (which is often more insightful that the stock photos) and try and select what we wanted from the UK pre-orders. The downside is they won't ship probably until Autumn or the end of the year.
What I'm loving; Gisou Honey Infused Lip Oil* in Sticky Toffee. If you've already seen my LOTD round-up, you'll know I wore this 3 days in a row (with different lipliners each time), which says it all. I just love it. The bottle is glass, the smell of these (I have quite a few different shades now) are incredible, they feel smooth, not heavy or sticky. Sticky Toffee is a nice sheer brown colour, excellent applicator too.







b.jpg)

.jpg)











Comments
Post a Comment
Wowee your comments cheer me up!
Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.