Tuesday 8 December 2015

Irregular Choice Bunnykins Bunny Heels

In the second part of my Irregular Choice Christmas shoe haul, I'm looking at the Bunnykins bunny heels. These came in a choice of two colours, black or white, I got the latter. You can see my previous review of the Rudy or Rudolph Santa heels in this post. Irregular Choice white Bunnykins bunny heels

While the heel is the same mould as the original rabbit and mirrored gold versions, this time we are treated to all over glitter. The glitter is white but in the light it shines pink and green, sometimes even lilac, which is best illustrated in the photos taken with the flash (though it's apparent all the time in reality). The bunny has a pale pink polka dot ribbon around it's neck with a tiny little charm, engraved 'Irregular Choice'. The heel measures 4 1/2" and like the previous versions, the tip of the base tilts upwards. It takes on a wedge like appearance and is much broader and longer than Santa (I'll have comparison photos in another post). There's around a 1" hidden platform and I find the bunny shoes really solid and easy to walk on. Irregular Choice white Bunnykins bunny heels detail Irregular Choice white Bunnykins bunny heels back Irregular Choice white Bunnykins bunny heels close up Irregular Choice white Bunnykins bunny heels side without flash Irregular Choice white Bunnykins bunny heels side with flash Irregular Choice white Bunnykins bunny heels without flash Irregular Choice white Bunnykins bunny heels with flash
The shoe itself is similar to Trixy or R2D2 with the front split which sits in little peaks up the foot. My Dad thought they were digging in and it does look like that, but I don't feel it at all. It's just 'resting' against your skin! The toe is rounded and slightly upturned. The uppers have a lace overlay and what I hadn't realised until they arrived is, the underneath fabric has a subtle gold shimmer throughout. It's really pretty peeping through the lace and difficult to capture on camera, but I was determined to get a shot of it (and have)!  The front is finished with a large glitter bow on top, in the same glitter as the heel. Again, I hadn't realised quite how sparkling this bow was, until I saw it in real life. Irregular Choice white Bunnykins bunny heels side Irregular Choice white Bunnykins bunny heels front Irregular Choice white Bunnykins bunny heels glitter bow Irregular Choice white Bunnykins bunny heels lace overlay Irregular Choice white Bunnykins bunny heels gold glitter detail
The sole and insole are the forest animals and floral velvet respectively and the box is also the same AW15 animal one. I don't think I've ever owned white shoes before, certainly not so white, but they aren't that daunting (I am careful with my footwear though).  I haven't thought how I'd style them yet, but they feel like 'winter wonderland', magical, fairy shoes!  Size wise, I sized up and they felt a little bigger than Trixy, but smaller than Rudolph.  I tried and re-tried my old Trixy so many times before Friday to determine which size to get, but these feel like a pretty good fit.  Irregular Choice white Bunnykins bunny heels insole Irregular Choice white Bunnykins bunny heels sole Tomorrow I'll have the final shoe for you, unicorn Trixy. Time permitting, I might include all the comparison shots too.  What do you think of Bunnykins?

6 comments :

  1. Love these, they're even nicer with the gold fabric under the lace, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's lovely, I hadn't noticed that in the stock photos.

      Delete
  2. These are so pretty! With the white lace they'd make great, unusual bridal shoes :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are beautiful! Had these been available when I was getting married, no matter how high, I would've bought these as a white rabbit bought CBC and I together!!!!Xx

    ReplyDelete

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.