Wednesday 2 September 2020

Irregular Choice x Care Bears: Box Design

I'm aiming to blog every day throughout September. A bit of a big challenge for me, but I have so many photos I've taken and never had time or energy to write up, that I still want to share and I thought if I gave myself a bit of a push and stuck to this, it would greatly help that backlog!  Hopefully I can keep it up all month! Yesterday I started with a Beauty Lately post, but today I thought I'd share the fabulous Care Bears box/packaging from the Irregular Choice collaboration a couple of months back.  colourful glossy shoe box with pink care bear and rainbow striped tummy

Every Disney release we got a new box and sometimes an entirely different concept, like Star Wars with the flip lid and window or Toy Story with the traditional box and separate lid and for Care Bears, we got this amazing window detail on the bears tummies. shoe box with blue care bear with window tummy detail
The tummies are cut out with a plastic sheet glued behind, inside the box, so there's no hole. On the front of the box, this means you see what's inside, the branded tissue paper. close up of window tummy detail on care bear shoe boxclose up of care bear tummy on shoe box with branded tissue paperpatterned shoe box with care bear design and transparent window detail with tissue paper behindred branded care bears and irregular choice tissue paper inside shoe boxclose up of rainbow and cloud with care bear and irregular choice branding on tissue paper
On the back though, you see the base of the drawer part of the box, which came in fabulous rainbow stripes. It's such a cool idea. back of shoe box with pink care bear and window detail with rainbow stripes behindrainbow striped drawer style shoe box
The box is every bit as colourful as the collection with the vintage print that featured heavily, in the background, different bears on every side and chocolate (or icing?) style dripping from the top. I think it's brilliant. colourful printed side of shoe box with irregular choice and care bear brandingcolourful branded care bear shoe boxshoe description on drawer style shoe box with care bears
I've left the accessories tag for the individual posts that'll be coming up this month and obviously at some point you'll see what was inside this box too!  Until tomorrow my friends...!

4 comments :

  1. The boxes are super cool! I feel all nostalgic looking at carebear stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same or with Rainbow Brite, takes me right back!

      Delete
  2. I loved the box and that the rainbow look of the inner box against the clear tummy. Honestly I don't know how Irregular Choice come up with these things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the same thing about L.O.L. Surprise dolls packaging, especially the big sets they do at Christmas time where there's an entire town of boxes that open differently or are hidden...someone must spend a lot of time designing packaging!

      Delete

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.