Monday 10 December 2018

Irregular Choice: Tights Collection

You responded well to my Top 12 Irregular Choice shoes of 2018 and when I asked if you wanted to see more 'random' posts like that, you did! You also had some great suggestions, so I am going to hopefully continue with blasts from the pasts and bits of my collection without the need to be relevant to whichever season/collection we are in. Today I have my Irregular Choice tights collection. I didn't even realise I had a "collection" to be honest, I seem to have amassed them rather quickly. I've said this before, but I always thought I was too big for IC tights (they are 'one size'). While my lower legs and bottom are maybe average-ish sized, my tummy, hips and thighs aren't, so I had my concerns. It wasn't until The Muppets collection that it became a case of "I can't live without these" when I saw them on IC's Instagram Stories the morning of the launch and they just looked so perfect with the shoes, that I took the plunge and 13 pairs later, here we are! pile of colourful printed, patterned Irregular Choice tights
These tights are thicker than your average, so less likely to snag or rip, though obviously you still have to be careful. They are mega stretchy and they don't sit too low on my hips (I'm a fan of tights up to my neck!), but I'm just 5ft 5 1/2". I love that the print has no start and finish, so no annoying lines down the outer leg and the pattern always continues all the way down to the toe (if you're wearing with open or peep toes).
Disney Bambi and Dumbo patterned tights
So let's take a closer look, starting with the most recent Disney releases; Bambi and Dumbo. Forest Friends* unusually have a black base, my others are brighter, though there's not really an inch that isn't filled with print. They look amazing here with the Woodland Playtime ankle boots. I loved how I got the skunk print on the outer side of the foot wearing the Flower boot and Bambi with the Bambi boot. Makin History feature much larger images, alternating between Dumbo and Timothy. My hemlines are not short these days, so I did worry these might be a bit useless and I'd end up with patterns that nobody could make out what they were of. You do manage to get each character down the shin though (well more like around the side), so although I haven't properly worn these out yet, I think they'll be fine. They are worn here with my sister's size 36 Big Things Start Small (ironic) boots. You can go ahead and laugh if you want, my Mum did (very loudly), when I tried them on! As you know I don't wear flats or boots of this style, so it does look a little strange.  Irregular Choice Disney Bambi patterned tights worn with matching ankle bootsIrregular Choice Disney Dumbo tights worn with yellow Dumbo fluffy boots
From Toy Story, I really only wanted Ride Like A Comet (the pink ones), until I saw the teaser video before the release with Galactic Round Up worn with the You've Got A friend In Me shoes. I bought the pink ones at the launch and left the rest, but I snagged them in a Black Friday sale last month. Galactic Round Up are really colourful and feature pretty much all the Toy Story characters in varying sizes. The Buzz tights, are a lovely purple galaxy type background with various Buzz poses in different sizes. Both appear to have a good all-over placement. Ride like A Comet have a pink background with an all over cactus print and then staggered placements of Jessie and Woody riding on Bullseye. I haven't worn any of these yet, so have no photos of them on. Irregular Choice Disney Toy Story patterned tights
As I said earlier, Muppets started my tights obsession and I bought two pairs; The Muppets tights in pale blue feature random characters, slogans, lettering and eyes. They look absolutely amazing with any of the Muppets shoes, they are worn here with Original Diva. Then the fuchsia Miss Piggy tights, unsurprisingly feature Miss Piggy faces, her eyes, catchphrases, pearls and "Piggy" and "Muppets". Like the blue pair, the images are small, so you are guaranteed a decent exposure of the overall print, even if you only have a small portion of leg exposed. They are worn here with the Miss Piggy heeled All About Moi, they are absolutely made for these! Irregular Choice Disney The Muppets patterned tightsIrregular Choice blue Muppets tights worn with Miss Piggy tbar shoesIrregular Choice Disney Muppets fuchsia patterned tights with pink fluffy shoes
From the regular line, my most recent pair were Ginger Bread, which you saw this week on Shoesday Tuesday with Santas Globe. The pink background is paler than the Miss Piggy pair but once more there's a lot of images squeezed into these. Blossom Bunny tights are a very pale grey-ish blue sky with cloud print, then the kimono bunny from AW18 all over. They are worn here with the matching Blossom Bunny shoes. The mermaid tights are from SS18 and I haven't worn these yet, but they are screaming out to be teamed with the Barnacle Betty shoes. selection of patterned tights from irregular Choice, bunny, lamb, gingerbread, mermaid, floral, unicornpink gingerbread tights worn with Christmas snow globe shoeskimono wearing bunny rabbit patterned tights worn with matching shoes
The striped Lady Daisy tights are from the current season and again I haven't had the chance to wear these yet. These are quite pale in real life, paler than I expected from the stock photos. Then we have the SS18 box print in the kimono tights*, which although I wasn't fussed on this as a box or sole design, I adore it on the accessories. They are so bright and bold and I wore them here with You've Got A Friend In Me. Finally, one of my favourite illustrations, the cute lamb tights from SS18. I've worn these a few times already, seen here with May Meadow. This print works it's way around the leg, so sometimes it's just the head of the lamb or the back, I can never quite get them as I'd like, though I think you can still make out what they are. The turquoise colour is fabulous. floral patterned tights with Toy Story shoesturquoise lamb print tights worn with pink velvet bunny embroidered shoes
I get asked quite frequently what I wear these tights with and I have to say I'm "between clothes" at the moment!  I've had a massive clear-out of stuff that no longer fits (I'm not talking a few things, more like entire wardrobes) and until my weight settles, I haven't been buying replacements, so I really don't have a lot to choose from right now.  Anytime I have worn these, it's been with my faithful black skirts (mainly the Collectif Mary) and then absolutely anything on top.  I love that Irregular Choice are now a part of my outfit rather than just shoes or bags.  I only wish I'd started buying the tights sooner, I'd have really loved the forest animal print or the unicorns.  Have you bought any IC tights yet? 

2 comments :

  1. I wondered about the issue of being one size-good to know they will likely fit. I have been eyeing the Bambi print.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that this is about the tights but the yellow furry boots are incredible!

    ReplyDelete

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.