I feel this post should come with the sub-heading "so far"!! The initial Autumn/Winter drops launched in stores and online several weeks ago, but there's plenty more to come, so this isn't my definitive list! I thought I'd choose my favourite ten styles from those we've seen so far and here they are (in no particular order).
1. I'm going to start with my absolute favourite, Tiny Ted. How freakin' cute are these? I don't know what is yet to come, but I want to say, they can't get any better than this! My sister actually thought I'd blogged about my fantasy, dream shoe and that Irregular Choice had read it and made these, as they are so ridiculously "me"! The uppers are soft blue, with a pinky metallic sheen running through. The heel is one of my personal faves, carved perspex in bright blue, with a little bow at the back, but the main attraction is a huge flat (but fluffy) teddy, acting as a T-bar up the front. The bear is really soft and don't even get me started on how luxurious the inners feel this season (soooo soft). I got myself so worked up about these (or rather the thought of missing out on them) that I bought them already! This is exactly how I like my shoes; sickeningly sweet, slightly bonkers and super cute. I can't thank Irregular Choice enough for making these.
2. My second favourite are Truly Magical (their actual name, not mine, though it's very apt). They also come in black, but it's the red that instantly caught my eye. They feature the "heel-less" wedge we've seen previously (such as my Prom Princess or Dance The Night Away). I therefore know that although they look strange, they feel like normal heels when walking, don't let it put you off trying them. I love the spotty contrasts, there's something about shiny red shoes that make me go weak at the knees and I'm an absolute sucker for bows and these have them in abundance! I think the style of shoes is really cool too, it's like an ankle boot with cut-outs. I definitely need these.
3. I'd made my mind up that they were next on my wishlist, but then they released soft gold Truly Magical. Argh, so pretty, help! I really feel like I need these too and they are so different to the red, that I can justify that. Again the shiny pinky polka dot section is appealing and just look at all those beautiful, colourful bows. Totally up my street, like candy in shoe form.
4. Another new release are Ball & Chain and they feature another favourite item of mine, pearls! I own more pearls than all the women in every country club in the country, it's really ridiculous (but they are all different sizes, lengths and colours, so they have different purposes). B&C are like a cut down version of Abigail's Party, exactly like that actually. Except they have this amazing chain adornment with big satin bow (yay, more bows) and oodles of oversized pearls (extremely partial to big pearls). They're going to go with everything in your wardrobe, dressy or casual, so are a pretty good investment.
5. There's lots of beautiful, bold florals this season (again I'm a fan), some metallic, like these Hello Ha. I actually can't decide if I like these purple ones or the black better. HH are one of my favourite 'iconic' styles, the perspex heel that I've already mentioned, a bow (!) and the cut looks amazing on the foot, so I'm always glad to see new colours and patterns.
6. Sticking with metallic florals, next up are Missing Link. Again they feature the heel-less wedge but on a court shoe this time. They're on the IC site in red, but it's the blue flower pair I prefer. They've got a little bow at the heel and a floral trim around the shoe. The heel is mirror gold and I just love the wintry blooms.
7. A completely different take on the same shoe are the white floral version, also called Missing Link. The uppers look like sugar crystals and these would make amazing wedding shoes. The floral pattern has a more old fashioned feel-my only negative is they are too fancy for everyday wear.
8. Stick with me on this...if any of the Poetic Licence 'Betsey Buttons' and IC's Abigails Party boots had a baby together, it would be Blair Elfglow. Totally, right? The name sounds more like the fairies you'd find in our garden (my sister and I finally got a fairy garden this year with little 'houses' in it, which light up when the fairies are home), but actually they are a really lovely ankle boot. There are several colours (black, mustard and my favourite turquoise) with vintage-esque floral panels, cute buttons and satin ribbons (though practically, they zip up). Having seen these on a few ladies already, they are even more stunning in 'real life'.
9. Then we have Dizzy Diva. They have a wonderful blend of a practical shape mixed with elaborate embroidery and frivolous glittering metallic. I could stare in wonder at these for hours, such stunning detailing.
10. Finally Yankee Doodle came to town, riding on a donkey! There's a donkey in the My Little Pony TV series called Cranky Doodle (because he's grumpy) and everytime I see him, I sing the song and laugh at the wit that 'modern' kids probably don't understand. Anyway I digress, these courts are called Yankee Doodle, though they are a bunny rabbit. They come in maroon or black (these) and again I'm struggling to pick a favourite. They are very alike in shape and remind me of my Dolly Mixture courts. Very welcome additions though are the bunny ears and fluffy tail at the heel. They're a wee bitty crazy and I like that, another must-have for me.
I didn't even get to mention my beloved Mal E Bow (available in several new finishes and colours) or the floral print that I adored last year (on my Lucky Lady boots and Roarsum dinosaur heels) which is back, but it's not patent this time. Blooming Lovely boots were a favourite of mine last year and worth mentioning as they are back in a new floral design, like I say, it was hard to choose just 10 and obviously I didn't include my adorable Squeezy bear heels and Poker Joker dice boots that you've already seen. If I wore trainers or flats, I'd be ALL over the range this season, gorgeous styles with more Russian dolls and woodland animals from the box/sole print. I also want a shout out to the amazing handbags. The cat Starry Night which has already sold out (I'm hoping they get more) and Woodland Wish, which I most definitely need for my Tiny Teds, in pastel colours with hedgehogs and mice. What an incredibly exciting and stunning season and it's only just started. What might find it's way onto your wishlist?
Post contains some affiliate links.