Monday 2 September 2013

Monster High Monday: Dance Class Lagoona


Monday seems to come around quickly, when there's MHM and sadly, I've not had time to post anything else since last week! Today I bring you the delightful Lagoona Blue from the dance class line which launched last year. Lagoona makeup is pretty predictable (soft pink lips and a turquoise/pink eye), so I was pleasantly surprised the turquoise leaned more green and the lip was brighter on this doll. I managed to find dupes pretty easily and the application was particularly fuss-free this week.
I even attempted a wearable version of her purple brows this time! Her eyes are mostly that greeny shade but with a thin lilac line and her lips are bold and bright fuchsia. I had to edit in slightly greener eyes and was tempted to define my freckles a bit more as hers are just too cute! Sadly mine usually get caked in makeup and hidden somewhat.
Starting with the eyes, I applied Urban Decay Primer Potion and Dainty Doll eyeshadow in 008 Jungle under the eyes and on the lids, up beyond the crease. For the thin lilac line I used an old eye pencil (not sure they still make these) Rimmel Extreme Definition Two Tone Eye Definer in 010 Rock Chick (the purple end) and just sketched out the line freehand. As it was applying over the green eyeshadow, I had to use the darker purple as the lilac end was turning pale blue.  A pencil seemed like the easiest way to replicate this line.  
I'm wearing L'Oreal SuperLiner GelMATIC in Ultra Black* on both lashlines with their Perfect Slim in Intense Black for the small flicks. On my lashes is Guerlain Maxi Lash mascara and I also applied Lancome Poudre Superbe in 02 Argente as a highlighter under the brow as Lagoona has a subtle sheen there. On my brows I ran the lighter (lilac) side of that Rimmel pencil through, for a subtle purple effect.
On my face I'm wearing Lancome Teint Miracle in 005 with Dainty Doll Concealer in 001 as my highlighting shade and The Balm Bahama Mama bronzer as my contouring colour. I wore a touch of Paul & Joe UV Pressed Powder in 003 Beach Baby with Diorskin Nude Tan in 001 Pink Glow on my cheeks.
MAC (Satin) lipstick in Hollywood Nights was the closest I could think to Lagoona's lip shade. In reality it's not quite as dark, so I decided to use Estee Lauder Automatic Pencil For Lips in 21 Fig all over my lips. It's a terracotta brown and just dulled down the bright pink slightly.
So that's it! Seemed quite simple this week, but worked well.  I was a little frustrated with how the photos turned out, because this look was rather pretty in the flesh, but the flash just made me look shiny!  You can see my full outfit (including some awesome Barbie leggings) over on The Shoe Girl Diaries now.

2 comments :

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.