Thursday 18 October 2018

Irregular Choice: Scarves & Rings

In the second part of my Irregular Choice accessories post, I'll be showing you some of the recent scarf and rings. You can find my first post on tights and socks here. I've been buying IC scarves for a while and have amassed quite the collection now. Although I wear them a lot, I wouldn't consider myself a "scarf person".  You know those people that always have a scarf draped around their neck? That's definitely not me or my style, yet I am using them regularly (I know what I mean in my head, just not sure I'm articulating it properly)!  Despite them being quite thin, they can really warm you up on cooler days in or outdoors.  Sometimes when I've got my jumper on and my blanket on and I'm still freezing, I've wrapped one of these around me as a shawl too.  I also wear them on my head.  You know I'm very fond of a headwrap and these are great to use for that as they are so big.  I'm trying to think of something that they are a similar size to... a single bed almost!  blogger wearing fashion scarf as headwrap

These are the current Pom Pom Parade scarves; Blossom Bunny, which I've been wearing around the house this week, when it's gotten chilly. This one also comes in the winter (cosy) version. I have the cat one from last year and thought the colours were too similar to buy that one too. They'd likely be too thick for headscarves, they don't hang as well as the regular ones because they are warmer.  My photos haven't come out very well, the pink trim is a very bright pink and the blue is bolder.  large fashion scarf with blue bunny designclose up of bunny wearing kimono print on scarf with pom poms
Lady Daisy, I haven't had the chance to use this one yet but it matches the tights I showed you last time in candy stripes with the seahorse head on rainbow clouds. candy striped scarf with seahorse unicorn rainbow cloud print and pom poms
Finally, the carousel print. These were the tights I didn't get (but want!). This one is a little bolder than my others. I wore this recently (below) as it wasn't cold enough for a coat, but I didn't quite trust going out with nothing! I had the older unicorn print scarf as a wrap in my hair. I decided to hide the pom poms and do a big twist with it. It was a little tricky as the scarf is quite flimsy and all edges are trimmed, so I kinda needed 4 hands to keep it all tucked in. Anyway, I quickly did this before leaving the house and really loved it, it worked out very well. Ideally I'd have liked another twist in that front section (if I'd had more time), but the pom poms were trying to escape!green carousel seahorse printed scarfclose up of seahorse unicorn print on fashion scarfblogger selfie wearing carousel scarf around neck and unicorn headwrap
I get asked a lot about how to do this style, it's really easy, just place the back of your head in the centre of the scarf, bring the scarf around to the front and twist each length on itself (I usually stick one under my arm, whilst I twist the other), then twist them on each other, so you have one 'trunk'. Take that and twist into a bun wherever you want it. Sometimes I have it centred, other times the side (this was a tilted side-job) and just tuck the ends in, you don't need any pins. selfie wearing unicorn printed scarf as headwrap with shoe room in background
From Spring/Summer, I have the gorgeous vintage lamb print* which I was wearing alongside the tights in my last post. I have no tutorial for the headwrap shown below, I just winged it! I wanted some of the pom poms showing this time, so just kept wrapping and tucking. aqua vintage lamb printed fashion scarfclose up of lamb print on scarfblogger wearing lamb print scarf on head as turban
Then Barnacle Betty, shown around my neck here outside the Carnaby Street store before the Toy Story launch in May. Derpy face but ignore that! This one's slightly different in that it has a central image with border surround rather than an all-over print. large scarf with mermaid designblogger in wheelchair wearing mermaid scarf around neck
Now lets talk about jewellery. I don't have pierced ears, so never buy the earrings, but I've bought several of the rings lately. They come with an adjustable band. You saw a couple in my latest outfit post on The Shoe Girl Diaries. From this season I have; Svetlana round green ring with matryoshka doll in centreround green ring with heart surround
Barnacle Betty jade green oval ring with mermaid scene
Blossom Bunny pink round ring with bunny wearing kimonoheart border surround on ring
and Lady Daisy.  Isn't she beautiful with her castle? purple heart shaped ring with seahorse unicorn head and castle
Earlier in the year I bought, Unicorn Dreaming... unicorn head ring with rainbow mane
and Sing Sirena, which I wore here.  lilac shell and mermaid ring with pearl details
The jewellery at the moment comes individually or as sets (usually a ring, earrings, necklace and bangle).  Have you bought any of the scarves or jewellery recently?

3 comments :

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.