Tuesday 11 March 2014

New Season Shoes

Are you enjoying this beautiful sunshine? I'd almost forgotten what it looked like, but it's nice to have daylight and a sunny house, even if I'm not getting out just now. I have a beaut of a handbag haul post coming up *cough*unicorns*cough*cats*! However, in the meantime I'm having a quick look at the new season Irregular Choice and adding to my wishlist. You've got to be prepared you know! For once I've been quite quick in securing some new season pieces-I've already shown you my unicorn heels and you've yet to see the kitty pair, but there are some gems (and less limited edition!) in the main collection too, that I can't wait to get my hands on.
This season we are treated to some wonderful new shapes and fabrics alongside some revamped old favourites such as 'Abigail's Party', in bold florals with satin ribbons and 'Hook, Line & Sinker' combining coloured hessian with suede ruffles and printed fabrics.  While 'Baby Beauty' come in what I'd call 'Cath Kidston florals' i.e. a more vintage looking print and the t-bar Bloxy, mix polka dots with summery blooms. Top of my list though are the completely new Mal E Bow (below) in nude, here. That delicate lace and sumptuous satin bow are utterly gorgeous and I'm loving the slight transparency on the uppers. They almost look a bit dirty too which just adds to that vintage feel. I suppose they are almost an updated version of my old Take A Bow (similar shape and colours and the large bow). I get a lot of wear out of them, so suspect I would with these too. Plus every time I say the name Mal E Bow, it makes me think 'Malibu' and years ago, a girl I worked with bought me a miniature of Malibu as 'courage' for a date I was going on that night, which I was extremely nervous about. I downed the whole bottle straight (unaware it should be mixed) right before leaving the house, which wasn't the best idea I've ever had! Looking back, it was probably the most interesting part of that date though! Anyway it always makes me laugh when I see or hear Malibu.
The chunky, perspex 'Oz' heel I love so much, has popped up in several new styles too which I'm rather excited about. My favourite is Hello Ha (loving that name) available in several colourways including this sunshine yellow (below).  I'm a sucker for a big bow and I just really love the simple shape of the shoe.  There's also 'Dippy Daisy' courts with (you guessed it) a large daisy on the toe. The sweet little suede bow at the back and floral printed trim finish it off nicely. Then there's the bow-tiful (?) 'Secret Pair' which if you can see beyond the woven satin ribbons are actually butterfly printed fabric. There's a couple of new takes on the basic cortesan shape too with the satin Prim Rose and Kim Bow which feature a contrasting floppy bow on the toe with floral uppers. There's certainly plenty to get my head around, with Mal E Bow and Hello Ha definitely top of my list. Have you ticked any shoes off your summer wishlist yet or is there something here you fancy?

6 comments :

  1. Er- you are not making this trying not to shop thing any easier for me!!!!! HOW nice are all these shoes! Luckily all too high! Phew, that was a close shave!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry! Lots of lovely florals from IC this season and bows! Oh there are some lower, chunkier heeled gems too : )

      Delete
  2. So far I have the Kim Bow and the Dippy Daisy and I'm considering Secret Pair but I can't decide what colour to go for. I'd not seen those yellow Hello Ha yet and I really like them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liking the daisy pair a lot. Those yellow shoes are just so 'happy', although I love the pale turquoise version too. I keep switching with Secret Pair too.

      Delete
  3. I already had my eye on those yellow ones too! I love that perspex heel, can't get enough of it!

    www.pennyforyourshoes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely, like the turquoise/pink version too. Yes it's so comfortable that heel, yet doesn't feel frumpy if you know what I mean.

      Delete

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.