Wednesday 1 January 2014

Primark (Disney & Barbie) Haul

A couple of weeks before Christmas, my parents went through to Edinburgh for some Christmas shopping and a nosey at the festive markets. As always though, they were armed with a list from me, of things to look for in Primark. It's been months since I was last in Primark, but hopefully after the sales have calmed down, I can get back into shopping. Anyway the dress I wanted, they didn't get (they've already looked in Edinburgh once before and Dundee twice, so I think I've definitely missed my size), however they did come home with lots of other goodies and you'll be surprised to learn it was mostly socks and t-shirts. Yes, really!
Pearl first brought these super cute Bambi socks to my attention via Facebook and then I almost forgot about them entirely. I was browsing something else on eBay and it led me to finding out about most of these things and thus the list was compiled! I realised they also did Little Mermaid socks. Well you don't have to ask me twice to buy anything Ariel. Then I discovered the most beautiful Snow White pair along with these Cinderella comic strip ones. I also wanted Barbie which they didn't have.
The socks are silky feeling and the print stretches considerably across the foot, hence the vivid colours in most. I wasn't too sure I needed the Cinders pair, but my Mum really liked them, so got them. I hate going against my beloved Ariel, but actually *whispers* the Snow White pair are my favourite, I love all the woodland animals, so cute! They were £2.50 each.
Not sure what I'm going to wear them with yet, but hey ho! Mum then phoned me to say she'd seen all this Barbie stuff that wasn't on my list and did I want it? Silly question Ma! So first up is this 'Festive Friends' t-shirt £6, which I've already worn here.
She also said they had leggings!! Now I've paid 3 times as much for Miss Selfridge/Barbie leggings, these were £8! Seriously! They are black with a chain print (slightly chavvy but oh well) and Barbie dolls all over. Cuteness.
They also had a t-shirt in the same print but grey for £6. I have a hatred for high necks on me (don't worry, it's a mutual thing), so I cut my other Barbie one to better suit me. I'll be doing the same with this. It's a pity, you lose the proper neckline and end up with a raw edge, but it's jersey so doesn't fray and I can't be faffed trying to fold it back and sew it or some similar job!
I think Mum said there was a Barbie sweatshirt too, but I don't think I'd be able to pull that off. The t-shirt I did send them to buy though was this Snow White one. Similar to my Little Mermaid one (again I'll have to be crafty and cut the neck), £6. Like I said before check for voids in the pattern from creases or threads-it can easily happen when they're printed this way. Don't you just love her wee chubby, vintage face?!
There was a cardigan also on my list, which my Mum later got, so I haven't taken photos of that yet, but am sure I will wear it soon.  Have you seen any of these things in your Primark?

16 comments :

  1. Great finds!
    I love those socks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, I've gone green with envy! I especially love the Bambi socks. Ever since I got the Bambi dress from Hottopic, I've been on the lookout for more Bambi stuff. :'( Now you're so making me miss Primark. If only they had an online store.

    Great stuff that you've got though. I always like your haul posts, you get the best things! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks. I wish they had an online shop too...such a hassle when some shops get so little or no stock of what you want, plus it's always busy and the queues are a mile long. Oh I loved that Bambi dress.

      Delete
  3. I know what you mean about the queues. Never a time (unless you're really early) when it's quite.

    Though in a way, I guess it's good that I don't get to shop at Primark anymore. Between Hottopic, Asos and eBay, I spend way too much money. Have you seen the new Disney dresses on Hottopic? They had an absolutely lovely Beauty and the Beast one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant quiet... Silly typo

      Delete
    2. Yeah it's like all the other shops in the shopping centre are dead, then you enter Primark and it's utter chaos, no matter when it is!

      Delete
  4. Oh! I saw someone Instagram with an Ariel t-shirt that was so so gorgeous but when I went I couldn't find it - but I did find an Alice in Wonderland top, with long sleeves. The fit is a little odd but I looovveee it.
    And you're totally right, the Snow White socks are the most adorable! :)

    L. Figment
    www.goodmorningangel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they released an Ariel top only to certain stores, then the one I got was released months later. In the end, even my local store got it (which is a lot smaller than edinburgh). I've never seen the Alice one-will have to look for it.

      Delete
  5. i have the babie stuff too and i love it! you can get leggings in the same print as the grey tshirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much awesome stuff! We don't have anything like Primark in Finland :(
    And shipping at Hottopic is crazy expensive. I tried to order Iron Fist's My Little Pony dress but the shipping alone was almost 50$. I love that dress so much but couldn't find it anywhere else. And even from Hottopic it's now sold out :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's ridiculous. When I got that MLP dress and the Ariel one it came to around £100 overall if I remember correctly. Now the dresses are cheap-it's the delivery, customs etc that popped the price up. £50 is a lot to pay for a dress of that quality really, but it was something I couldn't get here, so I didn't mind too much.

      Delete

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.