Monday 15 February 2010

Swatches: MAC Haul, All Ages, All Races, All Sexes

Aagh, I was in such turmoil over which MAC products to buy. I haven't bought anything from them since the beginning of December as I try to reign in my spending and mac addiction! So what do MAC do to get me back? Release 4 new collections in one day! The Mac in Lillyland powder and eyeshadow looked gorgeous and I finally settled with just the face powder then took it out of my basket at the last minute. How many highlighters do I really need? As pretty as it is, I just can't justify spending £20 on it. It's so easy to spend a lot at MAC just now with the recent price increases, I finally settled with all 4 lipsticks from All Ages, All Races, All Sexes and Glamour For All lipglass from the same collection. I should've photographed Liqueur and Naked Frost l/g for you too because I already own them, but I wasn't thinking! For some reason I was really up for the darker lip colours from this collection. 5n looks the darkest but is a lustre so the colour can be quite sheer when applied. It's a lovely plummy brown which I really fell for. Empowered is the only satin and therefore comes out the darkest when swatched, with an opaque consistency. It's the type of neutral but darkish brown that NYX do so well and I probably own several like it. I thought Myself (a light mauvey pink) looked gorgeous in online images and swatches and it does in the tube, but it is so sheer and lacks colour that I wish I hadn't bothered with it. I knew Equality had the same issues, it's a super pale nude, but after much deliberating I decided to give it a go. I'm disappointed with this too. It's so pale, it almost just leaves a slight sheen to the skin and that's not what I'm looking for in a lipstick. I should've saved myself a massive £25 and not bothered with Equality and Myself, as pretty as they look in the tube, the colour just isn't there. Glamour For All lipglass has a sort of milky quality to it and is a dirty pinky shade. I was going to buy Siss and Snob too, so I might try and swap on MUA for them as I don't think I'll keep Equality and Myself. I'm also really bummed at missing out on 2n lipglass for the second time! I was trying so hard not to order anything last month and now it's gone! Click the images to enlarge and do not copy, thank you.

2 comments :

  1. Great swatches! I love the look of 5n and Myself! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I wasn't interested in 5n the first time round. Myself looks so pretty, just a shame it doesn't have more colour to it.

    ReplyDelete

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.