Tuesday 2 February 2010

Boots No7 Limited Edition Spring Haul & Swatches

I've been aware of making very few beauty posts lately and this is due in part to me not wearing makeup most days, above all though it's because I'm trying to give up my MAC addiction. I'm currently going through the withdrawal stage and really yearning for some sleek black cased lipsticks and vanilla scented glosses! I did indulge in a little Boots order this weekend though.

I had one of those £5 No7 vouchers to spend. I waited until the last few days in the hope they would release their Spring Limited Edition colour collection. Indeed they did and after getting my sister to suss out the colours, I decided to get the highlighter and a lipstick (and qualify for the current GWP at the same time). However my sister called to say they sold out of the entire collection in that same day (personally I reckon the staff hide the stock until the promotional vouchers end, then restock afterwards). Off the top of my head I asked her to get the Hot Cloth Cleanser which I noticed was new and I was keen to try. There was one left and I haven't tried it yet, but there will be a review once I have.

I then placed an order online for the LE items and also picked up a couple of Lancome Juicy Tubes which were half price (£7). The GWP (spend £22, worth £32) includes a full size of the new 'High Shine' lipgloss in Smile and mini sizes of Extreme Length mascara in Black, Protect & Perfect Intense Beauty Serum, Age Defence Cleanser, Time Resisting Day Cream, For Men Protect & Perfect Moisturising Eye Cream and Stay Perfect eyeshadow in Khaki. The jewellery roll is feels quite cheap and is not as good as the pastel, satin one from a couple of years ago. I also have to mention the lipgloss applicator. the brush is tiny. I thought mine had been chopped off! I would imagine this will take several applications to cover the lips but I may be wrong.
The Mineral Lipstick in Carnelian is very soft and smooth to apply, it glides on like a gloss. There is some fine shimmer and the colour is nude terracotta. See swatches below which show a lovely nude shade with just one swipe or a buildable, darker colour with several swipes. It comes in a sleek, lighweight silver case with perspex panel in the top (also available is 'Rubellite', a bright pink). The Natural Radiance Highlighter comes in a very chunky perspex compact and features a fake marbled lid. The dome shaped powder is a light yellow gold and one swipe provided a healthy dose of colour and shimmer. I would suggest being light handed with this as I think it will be easy to OD on the glimmer! I didn't purchase the Natural Radiance Eye Palette, although the colours are right up my street, I really don't need any more eyeshadows.
Lancome Juicy Tubes P.U.R.E. are exclusive to Boots and I picked up 2 very different shades to add to my huge collection. These are the brands first natural gloss with 100% natural-origin flavours and 95% natural-origin ingredients. The packaging is also made from recyclable material.
112 Fresh Mint Tea is a bright, lime green and the mint scent is really quite strong (which I love), although once applied it does fade after a while. It feels very fresh and tingly on the lips and is mostly clear with a hint of colour.
114 Pure Sesame, I haven't tried this one yet, but it looks beautiful in the swatch. A dark taupe colour with greyish tone and red and gold sparkle. I think this will deposit more colour than the mint and I'm sure I'll wear this a lot.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.