Wednesday 16 December 2009

Boots GWP Barry M + 17 and Swatches

Boots have lots of gifts with purchase items available just now. Barry M are giving away a limited edition shade of lip gloss (available in 2 colours) when you spend £6 on the brand. I bought the much talked about Lip Paint in 101 Marshmellow and from their new Lip Gloss range, shade LGW2 Toffee. I'm not sure if I can pull off 101 yet, I've just had a little play with it and make no mistakes it's ultra pale (almost white). However you'll notice a huge difference in the lipgloss swatches when worn over this lipstick. The limited edition shade I picked is a pale nude colour with gold, pink and green glitter. It's pretty sheer, but looked amazing over Marshmellow, like a totally different lipgloss! Toffee is a beautiful brown-nude which has micro-sparkle throughout (upon close inspection), it's a really easy to wear gloss and I'm sure I'll have no trouble using this up. 17 are giving away a fantastic set when spending £6, so I took the opportunity to pick up some of their repackaged lipsticks. It's funny how appealing a lipstick can look when it's updated from a boring grey tube to black and hot pink! I got Lasting Fix in Dare To Bare, a caramel nude and Heatherberry which is very like a colour Rimmel would do, a brownish plum. The fabulous 'Parisian Nights' gift consists of (full sized) Maximum Volume Mascara in Black, Glitter Eyes eyeshadow in Spirit (how amazingly sparkly is that?) and Lasting Fix Nail Polish in Royal Indigo. I'm sorry the images are dull, it's really hard to find any decent light in winter time! The swatches of the 17 lipsticks aren't all that accurate. Images are best viewed large (click them) and do not copy. Boots also have gifts with Max Factor, Rimmel and L'oreal.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.