Sunday 20 December 2009

Office Sale Bargains

I've put my back out today and I don't know how it happened. I'm waddling around like an old Granny and can only pick things up when bending my knees and lowering myself slowly and even then I'm wincing in pain! I'm doing everything at a snails pace. I feel it just needs to 'click' back into place, but that's not happening.

Anyway, as I was saying the sales have started early which has it advantages and disadvantages. I seem to get screwed every time I purchase shoes lately, they either don't fit, sell out or like I realised on Friday, get reduced! I desperately wanted the Irregular Choice Diamontina boots and after they disappeared from the IC site, I was told they would only be sold in their London shop (not much use to me in Scotland). ASOS had sold out of the size 5 and although Office sold them online, I really wanted a discount code to get the £125 price down to a more reasonable £100 say and Office hardly ever offer discounts. I thought I lucked out last weekend when ASOS got more stock (of all sizes) and had a 20% offer on. As you know Santa purchased the boots and I was one happy bunny. Until Friday, when I check the Office sale and they are half price at £62.50!!!! Ouch! Soooo, unfair. I wouldn't mind if it had been after Christmas, when I was expecting it, but I haven't even worn the boots (obviously). I could return the ASOS pair, but I'm not sure how that would work with the discount in regards to the rest of my order (you had to spend £200 to qualify for 20% off and the boots were a huge chunk of that). My Mum says not to return them because of my bad luck lately....it's just so damned annoying!
That said, the Office sale is fantabulous and I would highly recommend the Diamontina boots (available in black or red). I ordered these Kill Doll 'Face Up To It' ankle boots which I've had my eye on for months (£50, now £35), also available in a court shoe, although I much prefer the boot.
If it's knee high boots you're looking for I love, Chamois (black leather or suede), Come Hither and Celine Stud (brown or black), all down to £80.
While these 'Shimmy' court shoes from Irregular Choice feature the same diamond shaped heel as my boots and are £42.50 reduced from £85 (also available in black). Many Miss L Fire styles are reduced and I like this tan, strappy 'Da Vinci' pair for £60 (was £105), also in black.
If it's super high platforms you are after then these 'Party All Night' peep toes are £40 instead of £85 and I love the leopard print 'Sole Survivor' reduced from £90 to £40.
Finally, I've bought several pairs from the Designer Clearance section over this past year. I'm not sure if many people are familiar with it, but there are many designer brands for a fraction of the retail price, often just with one pair, so it pays to get in quick. If you are a size 3 there is one pair left of these pink, frilled courts from Emporio Armani for an unbelievable £70, what an amazing Christmas present they would be. Size 7's (2 pairs) and 8's (1 pair) should definitely pick up these Eley Kishimoto strapped brogues for £60. There are many more great bargains and they are often updated, so it's always worth checking out this section.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.