Saturday 13 November 2010

Boots Haul (Lancome, Revlon, Soap & Glory, Urban Decay)

Are you ready for a mucho mahoosive haul post? Here's my cool Boots goodies. I can't stress enough how amazing these Christmas events are. If you don't know, you get £12 worth of points for every £50 you spend. Plus I had a voucher from last time to get an extra £5 worth of points and I have another one for the next event at the end of November. Not only that, most of the gifts are 3 for 2 (and indeed most things instore currently), so you're always getting a bargain anyway. If you can't get to a larger Boots store that are running these events, you can normally shop online for 2 days and qualify for the £12 points deal.
So here's the Soap & Glory gift sets: Wait On Hand And Foot £15,
Lock, Stock & Bubble £18,
Double Glammy £12 (free),
Glow Maintenance £25,
Spa Rush! Shower! £25
Glam Packed £20 (free)
Soap & Glory skincare was also 3 for 2 and I got a few things last time that I liked, so bought another Night In Shining Armour Cream £12, then got Hocus Focus Lotion £12 and Catch A Wrinkle In Time £10 (free). I had a £5 off voucher that I used on Dr Nick Lowe Oil Control Day Cream £14.99 (which I also bought last time and liked).
Then I got the gorgeous new Revlon nail polish in 032 Emerald City £6.49 (free as it was 3 for 2 as well) with Super Lustrous lipstick in 663 Va Va Violet £7.49 and lipgloss in 150 Peach Petal £6.99. I was going to get the new Colour Burst lipstick in Plum but it was almost identical to one of the SL lippies (which was slightly cheaper) and then I spotted 663 which was more purple and decided I liked that even more.
Then as always, I got chatting to the 'Lancome lady' and she was very excited to see me out of the wheelchair, so we're blethering away and she tells me about the gift set you can purchase for £38 if you spend £30 on Lancome and the set is worth £140 or something. I tried to resist (ahem, actually I didn't-it looked fab and I wanted it), so I got a wee seat behind the counter and sat and had everything brought to me (because I was tired by this time)!
Mum went away to look at toys for my nephews and I happily swatched all the lipglosses and lipsticks, sooo much fun!! I'm quite good at remembering the shade names I own (even without my trusty 'list')-although I didn't have my glasses with me so couldn't read names and numbers! Anyway, I got Color Fever Gloss in 200 Beige Paradise, very sparkly! I really wanted Laque Fever gloss in 212 Overheated Beige but couldn't remember if that was the shade I got last time (I remembered getting a bright pink and a nudeish one). 212 is a nude with amazing bright pink sparkles, so stunning and as it happens, I don't have it, so definitely one for me to get next time!
The new L'Wren Scott L'Absolu Rouge lipsticks are gorgeous. There was a dark one that was actually very sheer when swatched that I spied last time and loved (possibly 283) and one that I felt could perhaps be too coppery for me on the lips, although beautiful when swatched, it has this metallic quality to it and fine shimmer (280 I think). However I (predictably) decided on 282 Beige Splendide, a nude with gold microglitter. I also could have been tempted with the grey nail polish from this range 021 Le Gris L'Wren, a blueish grey. (The lipstick is lighter than it looks in the image below)
The gift set includes full size BiFacil, 2 mini Hypnose mascaras, eyelash curlers, 2 L'Absolu Creme De Brilliance (357 Rose Mythique and 358 Rose Boudoir), Genefique Night Cream, Eye Concentrate and Youth Activating Concentrate, Ombre Absolue Palette in G10 Intemporel Smoky, 50ml of cleanser and toner and a mini black eye pencil-all contained in a really sturdy black vanity case with large mirror inside. I love the whole set!
I also spotted the Urban Decay Book Of Shadows Volume 3 (UD Loves New York) and although I've seen it on several blogs, I hadn't realised it lights up! The pop up scene is amazing but with lights too? Kaching, sold! I decided to get this off my points, so it was free (£30.50), pretty cool huh?
All in all I saved £5 on my moisturiser plus however much (£100+) on the Lancome set, got £78.99 of products absolutely free and earned over £53 worth of points. How amazing is that?

7 comments :

  1. Yay, I'll be in Edinburgh in March and I'm always excited to visit Boots when I'm in the UK...! I don't have one where I live...in fact, according to the Boots website there are actually 9 Boots in The Netherlands...never knew that lol...but none are near me anyway, and they probably won't have the good UK stuff for the good prices! Can't wait to be in the UK again soon(ish)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! What lovely gifts! I've spied a few in Boots that look amazing! You've got some seriously lucky friends and family this xmas!!! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marlein, so excited you'll be in Edinburgh-are you doing part of your studies here? If I was feeling more well, we could've met up, but I haven't managed to Edinburgh in years : (

    Nic-I have to admit all the gifts are for me! I usually buy loads of S&G and it lasts me all year! I forgot to take photos of all the stuff I got at the last Boots event (that was mostly friends presents).

    ReplyDelete
  4. So jealous! I'm so glad you share your beauty and fashion loves with us - I so enjoy seeing what you've found next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gifts to yourself are just as important as gifts for others ;)

    I'll be in Edinburgh in March for a vacation, so that's just a week stay. I am planning on doing a part of my studies there but that's in January of 2012 because I have to finish my first year successfully first to get a Erasmus grant which is part of an exchange program (which basically means I get a little bit of extra money to pay for my stay).
    When I'm over there in March I do plan on visiting the university, maybe talking to someone there that can give me some more info on what courses I could take (the people over here keep bombarding me with crazy info that is no use to me, and freaking me out about how difficult it is to find somewhere to live in Edinburgh. But to be honest I am very early with my asking for info so maybe they just think I'm annoying and want me to come back in 6 months haha!).
    I'll be at the New College (school of divinity) because I study religion, but I would really like to take something like British History as well.
    It's all very exciting, specially going over there all on my own but I reeeeeeeeeeally want it, I've wanted it for years but never got the opportunity so now I'm just gonna grab it :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. AMAZING STUFF ! I love love love the UD Book of shadows III. Seriously, they're so creative with the packaging !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah I always get sucked in by cute packaging. Excited to try their primer potion too as I use the Too Faced one.

    ReplyDelete

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.