Thursday 25 June 2020

Irregular Choice Collection: Pouches

Hello, I hope you're all well just now.  The weeks have been flying by lately and I've not been very productive, but I hadn't realised my last bag collection post was in January. I do recall not having photos ready, so took these in March/April, but it's taken me a while to feel up to tackling them.  I'm not sure which style to work on next, there's a fair few bags on my wishlist this season (understatement) that I haven't gotten yet, so I don't want to take photos before I'm sure my collection won't be updated again!  There's a surprising amount of photos in this post (just under 50) considering I don't actually have loads of this style, so I'll try and keep the words to a minimum (but it's me, so you know I struggle with that)!colourful irregular choice zipped pouches flatlay

The pouch is a newish style from Irregular Choice, launching for Autumn 2017. Some of the very early IC bag designs were clutch bags, but these zipped pouches are different and that's what I'm looking at today. They have changed size and been given new ways to carry them since their inception, so I'll show you that too.  My sister might even own more of this style than I do, I tend to order her the Disney ones as she's not a large shoulder bag or handheld 'proper' bag person, but I've only photographed my collection for this post.  collection of zipped pouch clutch bags by irregular choice8 pouches showing their reverse side on floor
I'm going to start with those very first styles from 2017, of which I bought both variations. I already owned the large shoulder bag version of King Of The Castle, so was pretty excited to see this little zipped one. It's basically identical to the original with those neon flashes through the fabric and the applique glitter unicorn, castle and clouds on the front. I've taken photos in my hand so you have a rough idea of size (keep in mind I have big hands).irregular choice zipped pouch bag with unicorn castle on frontback of irregular choice unicorn castle pouchclose up of applique glitter unicorn and castle on pouchirregular choice small unicorn zipped pouch in hand
The ends of the zip have cute turquoise glitter hearts on them and the inside is a dark floral velvet. turquoise glitter hearts on end of zip of pouch bagirregular choice dark floral lining and label inside pouch bag
The other variation that launched at that time is the Starry Night Pouch. Again almost identical to the many versions of this design we've seen before (shoes, shoulder bag etc), even down to the little pearl and star embellishments. The only difference is the cat, which weirdly in this case was made from a black fleece material rather than the long haired fur fabric. I was really disappointed when it arrived (especially as the stock photos were originally fluffy if I remember correctly), as even on the shoes the cat is furry and it's a smaller scale there, so I'm not sure of the reason for the change. It's still cute, just not fluffy, sadly! irregular choice blue crushed velvet pouch with moon and cat appliqueback of pouch in blue crushed velvet material with purple hearts on zip endsclose up of applique moon, clouds and cat with beads and stars on pouchsmall cat theme pouch bag held in hand
The metallic purple hearts on the big shoulder bag (which I looove) feature here again on the ends of the zip, with the same dark floral velvet as the unicorn inside. Neither of these pouches have any straps or ways to hold them other than clutching in your hand. Due to their smaller size, they were quite popular to use as a pouch inside a bigger bag, like a makeup bag or gadget case. purple metallic hearts on ends of zip of pouch bagdark floral lining and label inside irregular choice pouch Another handheld one from the mainline, but moving onto a larger shape, is the Cupid Bird Pouch from SS19. There was a bigger shoulder bag, which I loved the green glitter on, but knew I'd use this more and it also had a matching purse. The birdies are adorable! The front is a cloudy sky background with an applique polka dot heart in the centre and the embroidered birds sewn on top with scalloped glitter edging and embroidered heart details. love bird themed pouch bagclose up of heart applique and embroidered cupid birds on front of pouch bag
The back is that petrol effect, shimmering finish in lilac with "Love is in the air..." embroidered in gold and the same lilac material is used for the hearts on the ends of the zip. Inside is pink and purple hydrangea velvet lining, which you'll see a lot of in this post! love is in the air embroidered on back of pouch baglilac metallic hearts on zip ends of pouch bagpink and purple hydrangea floral lining inside pouch bag
So size wise, this and all of the following pouches are slightly bigger than the unicorn and cat. They are just a wee bit wider, but quite a bit taller.  The depth remains the same and they still zip along the top with no internal pockets.  pouch bag with birds, sky and heart themes held in hand
Family Reunion, oh how I loved that collection last year to celebrate 20 years of Irregular Choice. When it launched, I bought both the fawn and polar bear bags (the former my Mum then decided to give me for my birthday) and by this stage the bags were changing slightly with fastenings to carry them in different ways. Starting with Fawntastic Pouch, you know I adore these shoes, they are one of my all-time favourites and honestly the most perfect shoes ever created and the pouch has a lot of those lovely details too (this also came in a larger shoulder bag, which I'm still tempted with). Oodles of different applique materials and glitters with ribbon roses sewn into the grass and large patent flowers on the ends of the zip. pink and green glitter pouch with applique fawn and sunclose up of applique fawn, bee and flowers on front of pouch bagpatent pink and yellow flowers on end of zip of pouch bagfawn zipped pouch held in hand
Turn over and the back is plain blue metallic, but there's a loop to attach the bag to a belt. There's also a small loop in one of the side seams and the bag comes with a clip-on wrist strap to attach to this. Inside is the same floral SS19 lining. back of pouch bag with loop for belthydrangea floral velvet lining inside pouch bag with irregular choice label
The Arctic Pouch is slightly different to the others in that it's completely transparent, so has no lining. There's a furry trim around the top and sparkling glitter hearts on the ends of the zip. polar bear blue transparent pouch bagclose up of glitter transparent pouch with white furry trim and swimming polar bearglitter hearts on end of polar bear pouch zip
The fur trim sits around the back of the bag too and there's some swimming fish.  All these characters are actually sewn from the inside of the bag, so it's only stitching you can feel on the outside.  Again this has a loop on the back, but no wrist strap this time. I've tried these bags on belts and it's not pretty! My boobs pretty much take up my entire top half, so adding bulk to the one area that doesn't have it....yeah, it's just not a good look on me or my style anyway, regardless of my shape. I do find the bags a bit of an awkward size for this anyway. Something deeper, but smaller like Bella Bunny works better on the waist in my opinion. back of transparent pouch bag with belt loop and swimming fish detailblue polar bear pouch held in hand
Then in the sale, I bought the other pouch from this collection, Jurassotops. This also came in a shoulder bag format (with lights), again same materials as the boots and big bag, but no lights or sounds!
dinosaur zipped pouch bagdinosaur applique breathing fire onto skyscrapers on front of pouch bagdinosaur zipped pouch held in hand
Gold metallic stars finish off the zip, with a belt loop on the plain black back, no wrist option and a return to the hydrangea lining. gold metallic star on zip ends of pouch bagblack belt bag loop on back of zipped pouchfloral ss19 velvet lining and irregular choice branding inside pouch
Big Bear was another pouch I got in the sale, actually I had a bit of trouble getting this as it sold out quickly when the price was reduced, but I eventually got one. It's made from fur fabric, so is a little thicker than the others. It's also a slightly different style as the nose of the bear is actually a zipped external pocket, plus you have the sticky-up ears. rainbow stripe fluffy bear pouch bagclose up of furry bear pouch bag with zipped purse nose striped fur bear pouch bag in hand
The back is lilac fur (that I have on so many bags or similar anyway), with a belt loop, but again no wrist strap option. Metallic hearts finish the ends of the zip with the SS19 floral lining inside. back of bear pouch in lilac fur with belt loop and metallic hearts on zipmetallic lilac hearts on ends of zip of pouch bagss19 floral hydrangea lining in velvet inside pouch bag
Final one is Disney, Just Me And The Sea Pouch from The Little Mermaid (Disney Princess) last year. Being the massive Ariel fan I am, I bought this right away, but my sister said she'd give me it for Christmas, so I kept it aside and didn't use it before! This has the most interesting reverse side of all my pouch collection. First though, the front is Ariel against a sequin background with coral glitter or should that be glittery coral? There's more detail in the shells on the zip ends than the other styles shown here, with embroidery and extra glitter bits. irregular choice ariel mermaid pouchclose up of ariel irregular choice pouchclose up of sequin shell on zip ends of pouch
The back is a printed under the sea scene with Sebastian and Flounder with a plastic cover and liquid and stars inside, which you can move around and it feels really squishy. under the sea clutch bag with squishy liquid and stars
This one comes with a wrist strap, no belt option because of the detailed back and the lining is silver with the Disney branded label.  For some reason I forgot to photograph this one in my hand, but it's the same size as the ones above.
silver holographic lining and disney branding inside pouch
And that's it, I hope you enjoyed this look back at some of the pouches, though many of mine are from the same season!  It's actually interesting to know how many different versions there has been in less than 3 years, when I think of all the ones my sister owns too.  My previous collective bag posts are, round handbags and square handbags (another relatively new style) and I'll have to figure out which one to tackle next!

2 comments :

  1. They are really attractive and beautifully detailed! You have an impressive collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these shapes, I thought the transparent look of Arctic Pouch was amazing and I loved the Just Me And The Sea Pouch squishiness!

    ReplyDelete

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.