Friday 29 July 2011

What A Wonderful Name

I've always wanted a shoe named after me, I just think that would be the coolest accolade, to know a shoe has been created with you in mind and named in your honour. So meet my shoe, the 'Gemma' boot by Terry De Havilland! Ahem, actually named after Gemma Cairney apparently but we'll pretend it's me as it's a peep toe ankle boot for Christ's sake-how more 'me' can you get?
It's been around for a good few seasons but is now available in made-to-order Crystal £650 (above right) and the super cool, limited edition Dagger £595 (above and below) which are exclusive to Selfridges. They're reasonably similar to my TDH metallic green and black lace boot, which are one of my all-time favourite shoes ever, I just love them! The dagger on the heel of this pair though is an amazingly fabulous touch and there are only 10 pairs in circulation to celebrate 50 years of Terry De Havilland shoes and sadly for me, none left in my size : (
Another very limited edition pair that made my jaw drop on the Selfridges site, are the Lenka mules (£795), in the most gorgeous shade of green with floral lace and crystal design. Hubba hubba, oh how I love these. STUNNING! Only 6 pairs were made and Selfridges still have sizes 4 and...5. Uh-oh, shouldn't have checked that! Oh I just adore them. I actually tend to gravitate more towards the unusual TDH styles rather than the more obvious Margaux wedges etc that everyone covets (although I do still love my aqua pair).
That said, harking back to classic TDH are some beautiful wedges, check out the dragon print on these. Again this style is limited edition, just 6 pairs made and still available in 4 and 5. Proving I like the more unique styles though are these cutesie Loretta wedge shoe-boots £495. I'd quite possibly wear these babies to death, utterly wearable yet covered in Swarovski crystals for a bit of glam, HOTness!I'm not so keen on the new pointed toe styles without platforms such as Lois, Sasha and Roxie, they just don't scream 'De Havilland' to me, but I do love the retro feel of the Tammy lace-ups £295 and Mimi courts £250 (in purple or black/silver). Seventies style reincarnated or what? Actually the Mimi are based on an original 70's design, quite spectacular. I wonder if my two TDH's will get some new company soon ; )

No comments :

Post a Comment

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.