Wednesday 20 July 2011

Amazing Finsk Shoes

I had intended to post about these shoes last month, but without a computer I never got around to it. The original image I saw, I hadn't inspected too closely, but initially thought it was 2 or 3 shoes stacked together. It wasn't until, I got an email from Solestruck that it dawned on me, it was actually one shoe and an amazing one at that.
The heel height is roughly 6 1/2" with a 4" platform and they're 'reasonably' wearable considering how avant garde they are. I did say wearable not practical! I think they are stunning. Astounding actually and a real piece of art. The design doesn't border on the 'too ugly' or 'too clumpy' in my opinion, which I think would be easy to fall into. Overall, it's still a flattering, slimline shape that fits the foot well. The mix of colours work well together and it's just really impressive. The image above was taken from the Solestruck lookbook and I don't think they look too 'alien' on the model.
I also spotted this pair on the site (below). I love shoes with cut-out sections, kinda similar to the Dolce & Gabbana wedges which were missing the 'instep' of the sole, remember those? I think Jeffrey Campbell recently brought out a couple of styles like that too. Anyway, it's more a mix of the heel and sole that's missing from these! A bit of both, but not quite either. Difficult to describe, so I'll let the images do the talking.
The heel on these is 7 1/2" with a 2 1/2" platform. Anything weird like this, I just want to immediately try on and see if I could walk in them, don't you?

4 comments :

  1. woah woah woah. how exactly are girls supposed to walk in these?! daaaang. this is really crazy but cool at the same time.

    i just came across your blog today. It's awesome.

    :)
    Carrie
    http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gawd my head hurts looking at these bad boys, I dunno, call me crazy, but I don't really wanna do math when I wearing a shoe ;)


    By the way should manage to score a pair of these...drop me a note and I'll send you the details of a rad chiropractor I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Carrie, welcome! Quite surprising this pair are produced and available to the masses as it were, as opposed to used in some fashion shoot or show.

    Antigone-haha, seriously doubt a $1000 shoe will drop into my lap unfortunately, but I'll keep it in mind!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's just ONE WEEK LEFT to win one of three £100/$160 gift certificates to spend on the shoes of your runway dreams courtesy of FINSK x VERY GLOSSY! http://t.co/rcKF5mH

    ReplyDelete

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.