Sunday 31 October 2010

Barry M Instant Nail Effects: Pastel Manicure

Thanks to everyone who has watched my Barry M Instant Nail Effects video. I was planning a proper 'speaking' video today but I've been suffering from a sore throat all week and completely lost my voice today : ( The phone rang earlier and obviously I couldn't answer it, so I was banging on the wall to get my sister downstairs to do it, heehee!
Anyway, there were a few things I wanted to add about that nail art if you were still contemplating buying it. First of all, for anyone who was wondering which red nail polish I was wearing in the video for my ladybird style nails (above), it was Bourjois 1 Seconde in 7 Rouge Cerise.
-Instant Nail Effects really works best on brighter or paler colours-you need contrast to the black. When I first got it home, I was already wearing Mushroom and just painted the Nail Effects quickly over the top, but the effect wasn't as good, because you couldn't really see it. I tried pastel nails this week and love the outcome. The nail art really brings the different colours together and a couple of people have already stopped me and asked what I'm wearing on my nails. For info on what I used, see the bottom of this post. I'm already planning using some brights next time (orange, turquoise, bold green, fuchsia etc). White would also look stunning I reckon, so I'm on the lookout for a white polish now.
-Instant Nail Effects is one of the fastest drying polishes I have ever used. Once it's turned matte and crackled, it's dry, which is really brilliant.
-Sometimes it can look very matte, so that can be quite annoying if it's not the look you're going for. As I mentioned in the video though, all you need is a layer of top coat over it. I didn't use it in the video, just because I was being quick for filming purposes. I also haven't used it this week on my pastel manicure, but I actually found it didn't look matte this time.
-You can use this over any nail polish. My Mum always wear a glittery topcoat and when I tried it on her (over that), it crackled to an almost giraffe print look, which looked really great.
All in all, I think it's a fabulous product for giving show-stopping nails with no effort. I'm hoping Barry M will start producing it in other colours, seeing as it's proved popular.
Pastel manicure shades, shown in order (from pinky to thumb); No7 Stay Perfect in Pearly Pink 30, Eyeko Rain Polish (my new favourite), Barry M Nail Paint in 304 Mint Green, 17 Lasting Fix in Sherbet Lemon and Topshop Nails in Parma Violet. My nails are super short just now because ever since I fell down the stairs months ago, I can't grow them to a decent length without them breaking which sucks : (

2 comments :

  1. illamasqua do a white nail polish, its abit pricey but there polishes are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy, was really tempted to buy the raindrops one from the Illamasqua competition trio shades, but decided it's probably very similar to Eyeko Rain. I used my Barry M discount to get their white one today.

    ReplyDelete

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.