Wednesday 14 January 2009

Shopping Trip

I apologise for the lack of posts lately. I have been busy ebaying again and also managed a little shopping trip today. I've only been out of the house a handful of times since the beginning of December, so it was a big test to say the least. I needed the 'normality' of being out and about as well as the little pick me up, to go shopping. Having said that, it's not an easy task when I'm by myself trying to master carrying a handbag, shopping basket, walking stick and trying things on etc. I'm in absolute agony now and even typing this is very painful. It's worth it though for that little bit of independance. On a funny note, people seemed to be looking at me like I was a complete weirdo today. I was chanelling Breakfast at Tiffanys with a black dress, thick black tights, glossy nude court shoes and my black lace coat (with nude lining) and little gold driving gloves and a black knitted hat (with my bright pink hair sticking out). Everyone seemed to be staring (not in a good way, more like they just got a fright) and these two old women said 'what is she dressed like?' a little too loud, so I gave them my death stare.

As for the no-buy I said I was on, man is that out the window! Yesterday, I ordered half price Irregular Choice blue Audrina shoes as well as pale blue and gold Hypolita from Letsbuyshoes. They were down to £29 and I had about £9 worth of points to redeem, so they were a bargain! Today I got 4 gorgeous spring floral print dresses from New Look as well as amazing purpley pink suede platforms (more about them soon). Primark also got some of my money with several dresses, numerous patterned tights and a ton of hairbands, brooches etc. So here's hoping to feeling better tomorrow, so I can tell you all about my purchases and the fabulous S/S range that's coming soon to Dorothy Perkins, it's gorgeous.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.