Sunday 20 March 2016

Irregular Choice Alice: Tea With Alice

irregular choice disney tea with alice blue glitter shoe boots
Today I have my penultimate Irregular Choice 'Alice In Wonderland' shoe to show you, Tea With Alice. I've previously posted Flowers Can't Talk, All Mad Here and One Lump Or Two? and will link at the bottom to The Shoe Girl Diaries posts where I've worn the shoes. Tea With Alice were the one shoe from my Alice wishlist, that I perhaps could've lived without. Don't get me wrong, they are lovely, but I liked the detailing on others more. In saying that, I just knew I'd get loads of wear out of them, so they'd be worth buying. Unusually for IC, they were rather plain and definitely the most simple style of this collection. The colour was a big draw for me, it looked beautiful and is it just me or could you actually see Alice wearing these, if she could only choose one style from this range?
irregular choice disney tea with alice glitter shoe boots
So, the simple shoe-boot shape is similar to Pin Yin (panda heels). They are single soled, lace up and have an almond shaped toe. The uppers are entirely glitter, in the most charming shade of blue. In the contours of the shoe in the light, the blue flashes a brighter green, which is stunning to see.  I've even seen a lilac sheen, which is just visible in some of these photos.   irregular choice tea with alice glitter shoe boots front irregular choice disney tea with alice glitter shoe boot irregular choice tea with alice toe and trim
As they are Irregular Choice, you know no matter how 'plain' they may be (and I realise to non-IC wearers these are anything but), they'll come with awesome details. I love the heart shaped eyelets for the organza laces. Dolly Mixture from last summer also featured this and it's so cute. There's metallic trim around the top of the shoe and tongue in pearlised blue, which you can also find around the middle of the vamp and the centre of the lace-up bit. The laces are white organza ribbon, but with metal aglets on the ends making them 'proper' laces. I much prefer this to fabric ties that fray and look messy easily, but the organza is much prettier than regular laces. I do need to untie these to get them on and off. irregular choice tea with alice heart eyelets irregular choice tea with alice glitter shoe boot toe detail
The shoe itself is quite hard. I bought the size up as I tried both in Pin Yin and the size 5 (my regular size) were virtually impossible to get into. There's not much extra room in the size up. So unless your feet are on the small or narrow side for your size, I'd size up for comfort. irregular choice tea with alice glitter shoe boot irregular choice tea with alice glitter shoe boots character heel
I spoke more about the Alice heel in my other post and it's the same on this shoe, so I won't repeat myself. The one difference is, this one has a white heel tip (Flowers Can't Talk had bronze). The heel measures 4" and there's no platform. They are easy to walk on and comfortable. Alice is mostly sheltered beneath the shoe, not sticking out the back like the flamingo heel. Same for sideways, she's pretty contained and it's unlikely you'll find the heels clunking together when walking, like R2D2 or the dinosaurs. irregular choice tea with alice character heels irregular choice tea with alice heel base irregular choice tea with alice heel detail irregular choice tea with alice heel irregular choice tea with alice character heel side
The soles on these are the favourite of all my Alice shoes. Like the other styles the right and left shoe are different, with a close-up of Alice drinking from the bottle on one and a newly shrunken Alice struggling to hold the bottle on the other. They have the same style where the main photo from the film is on the base of the shoe which merges into the mixed Alice print from your instep to heel.  I've said before that I'm not one for 'saving' my soles from wear, but I'm definitely a little tempted with these. They have the same comfortable lining that all styles in this collection had and you can see that better in my other posts. irregular choice tea with alice right sole irregular choice tea with alice left sole irregular choice tea with alice shoe soles irregular choice tea with alice sole detail irregular choice tea with alice glitter shoe boots
I've been a magpie since birth, so anything sparkly is usually a winner for me. These definitely are; simple but rather wonderful. If you'd like to see them on the foot, I wore them here. I've also worn Flowers Can't Talk here and One Lump Or Two? here and will have another Alice pair for you on Shoesday Tuesday next week, so look out for that.  What do you think of these?

10 comments :

  1. Apart from the Cheshire flats, these would be the ones I'd like to buy! I just love the colour, the sparkles and Alice is really sweet!! You've got a rather sexy-looking Barbie-doll Alice there! She needs some sleeves!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, a Gwen Stefani doll as her music video for What You Waiting For? had an Alice theme to it (it's like the entire movie condensed into 4 minutes), she wore some awesome Vivienne Westwood in it too. My Mum said the same thing!

      Yeah the colour is just lovely and the heel is really cute.

      Delete
  2. Hi, I like that you model the shoes. I didn't think these shoes would look that good on, but actually they do. I won't be able to get a pair though because I will need a 41 (since you said to size up) and probably won't be able to find one. It's funny that you and me and everyone else who loves IC shoes or weird clothing consider these the "plain" shoes.
    After reading your review and seeing how good they look on your feet, I would like to get some myself. That blue is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an incredibly pretty colour. Yes, we've been laughing about calling these 'plain'!!

      Delete
  3. Here is the URL to shoe straps that help hold on shoes prone to falling off your feet. They look cute and come in all sorts of colors. Another person had bought these for her shoes where the heel kept falling off and she said they work great. I am posting this in reference to the Flowers Can't Talk shoes.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UPN5TGM?ref_=cm_rdp_product

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is a url to see through sole protectors for IC shoes:
    http://www.soleprotectors.co.uk/Madame_Crystal_Sole_Protectors_-_Perfect_for_Irregular_Choice_Shoes/p2716855_14429637.aspx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are the ones I've seen recommended. Think I will end up just braving it and wearing the photo away though!

      Delete
  5. Do you know how the Death Star shoes fit? Do they fit small or large? Thanks for your time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't personally tried those, but reading the reviews on Schuh, nobody had very much to say. Nobody said they were too big or small, which makes me think they might be true to size.

      Delete

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.