Friday 13 November 2015

Iron Fist Care Bear Shoes

Remember a few weeks ago, I was styling pieces from the new Iron Fist AW15 collection on The Shoe Girl Styles It? You'll likely recall then, that this season includes an amazing Care Bears collaboration. Yes, those 80's cuddly bears are back and you can find them on shoes, accessories and clothing! Previously Iron Fist had an epic hook-up with My Little Pony, which lasted several years and this new launch is sure to be just as popular with those of us that grew up in that era. I was lucky enough to win one of the new tote bags on Instagram from Purple Heels (more details further down of their latest giveaway). As a reasonable newbie to Instagram, it was my first contest entry, so I was very excited! iron fist care bears point heels shoes

Today I have that oversized tote* £69.99 (in the background) and the Care Bear Point Heels* £59.99 to show you. I decided to put together a vintage toy, kawaii scene befitting for such beauties! See if you can spot your favourites, there's old-school Sindy dolls, a troll, Dolly Surprise (her hair grew), Sylvanian Families, Popples, Polly Pocket, Strawberry Shortcake, Get Along Gang, Flower Fairies, Furby, Glow Worm, My Little Pony and other bits and bobs. I was feeling super nostalgic putting this lot together, though I was frustrated at not being able to find my Rainbow Brite figure, Sweet Secrets doll and Snugglebumms. iron fist care bears court shoes
So the shoes are a simple court with softly pointed toe, 4 1/4" heel and an all over rainbow, cloud and bear print on a pastel pink base. They are such 'happy', colourful shoes, with a real retro feel.   iron fist care bears point heel shoes iron fist care bears point heels toe iron fist care bears point heels toe detail iron fist care bears point heels toes iron fist care bears point heels back
On the sole you'll find another Care Bear and heart printed inners. A really cute touch is the patent heart, sewn onto the side of the shoe, like all Care Bears have on their bottom. iron fist care bears point heels sole iron fist care bears point heels sole detail iron fist care bears point heels insole iron fist care bears point heels heart detail
The canvas tote bag is in the same print and beware, it's HUGE!  It has rainbow handles, a zip top and is lined with pockets inside.  The other heels in this range are the Stare platforms, which I styled here or there's a ballerina flat or cosy boots.  Purple Heels have the full range as well as hard to find Irregular Choice and Iron Fist items.  They have been kind enough to offer my readers 10% off site-wide (valid until 24th December) using the code shoegirl10.  They are also currently running another giveaway on Instagram to win a sought after My Little Pony bag, which you can enter here.  Also keep an eye out on The Shoe Girl Diaries next week, as I'll be wearing these shoes for Shoesday Tuesday.  I hope you enjoyed looking at these photos, it was fun to arrange.  Is it making you long for the good ol' days, do you like these shoes?  

Both items gifted.  All opinions my own.  

8 comments :

  1. Aaaaaaaaaah, talk about weird timing!!!! I JUST published a blog post about Carebears (and mentioned you in it!) And Lo and behold, when I go to my blog feed, there you are FIRST with a Carebears post!!!! Love, love, love these shoes and the Amazing way you featured them. And I remember so many of these toys. I had trolls, Carebears, my little pony, glow worms, Rainbow Brite, Polly Pocket. And did you have the Cheeky Mice and Wuzzles? I was in a charity shop last night and they had that Big Yellow Tea pot!!! Loved this and very glad you were gifted these, you are a great person to review shoes!!!Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How freaky! I did think you'd love it and possibly the pumps and bag (because it's ginormous). Cheeky Mice, YES!!! My sister has the yellow house one and it's poor wee tail is all chewed, but we found it recently and she was sooo excited. I just didn't have room for it in the photos. I remember the Wuzzles, but didn't have any. Off to read your post now.

      Delete
  2. Those shoes are aaaamazing! I love seeing all of the nineties toys in the photos. Polly Pockets and Sylvanian Families were the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old Polly when she was truly tiny! I loved Sylvanians, though only had a couple. My little sister still has all of hers and buys new ones now too.

      Delete
  3. OMG, these shoes are amazing and remind me of my childhood. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute! I haven't bought any new IF shoes (or rather any new shoes at all) in ages but these are very tempting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a bit of a lull with shoes, but been going crazy for them lately again!

      Delete

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.