Monday 12 August 2013

Haul Pics: Irregular Choice 'Chuckles' Gnome

Today is babysitting day (3 rather wild nephews) and this has been the reason for the absence of Monster High Monday for so long (absolutely no time to get dressed, never mind do makeup with them here). So I was anxious that my Irregular Choice 'Chuckles' would arrive and I wouldn't get a chance to properly look at them and take photos! I currently have one cute little sleeping boy and the other two are out, so it's photo time!
 
I have to say the gnomes were exactly as I expected, as are the rest of the shoe. There were no surprises or disappointments. I got the black pair, in velvet with white pin dots and trimmed in black patent. The t-bar features two large hearts and the strap has a mock button, as it actually fastens with Velcro underneath. I usually have issues with those fiddly buttons and have sometimes had to cut a longer buttonhole as the positioning is too tight, so at least there is some room for adjustment with Velcro.
The Velcro is black, so not too noticeable if the strap doesn't fully cover it. I only tried them on very quickly, but I can't foresee issues with the strap popping open while walking, it feels very secure.
I love new season boxes and soles from Irregular Choice and this print is super, super pretty, definitely one of my all-time favourites. Even the tissue paper features the bunny print which I think I spied on a pair of glitter platforms this season (definitely wanting those). The inners are a metallic fabric, I'd say less scratchy than the sparkly stuff a few seasons ago. I'm hoping it isn't quite so irritating and won't snag tights and such. I never thought I'd see the day when I actually wished for the crushed velvet to come back! That or a cotton fabric. All I ask is for something smooth against the skin as the majority of their shoes I wear bare or with thin tights.
Size-wise, well! I am sooo glad I bought my regular (5/38) and a size up (6/39) as I find these very small. Like I said, I didn't have long to try them on and was just up and out of my bed, but I couldn't even get my foot in the 5. Even with the 6, I felt some of my smaller toes curling under (hate when this happens), which is usually a sign they're a little small or tight. I think I'll have to wiggle them free every time I put the shoes on! Stretching them by wearing thick socks with them around the house beforehand should help. I hope to update this post with the inside measurements once I've had time to do that.  *I measured the shoes today and the 5/38 are 24cm inside, from heel to toe, which is 0.5cm short of the regular fit of a shoe that size.  Each full size up is 1cm longer, so my 6/39's were 25cm.  I properly tried them today with bare feet and they felt much comfier than yesterday.  My toes didn't curl under and they felt like the perfect fit.  Walking around the house for 10 minutes, I didn't feel the Velcro strap would come undone at all.  I've sent my smaller size back today, so keep checking the website if you missed out, as you might get lucky with a return*  
I love the detail in the gnome, not just the paint and colours (he has a glossy finish), but look at his rounded belly and plump bum! Exactly like a real gnome.
The gnome heel, if I recall, doesn't feel quite as heavy as the Flopsy bunny one. I felt the bunnies were more wedge like whereas the gnomes are 'heels'. I've compared the two and there isn't much difference in height as you can see.  I love the photo of them facing each other, sizing the other up!
I'll definitely be keeping the 6 and returning the 5.  Let me know how you get on with yours, how did you find the sizing?

10 comments :

  1. Ahhhh so cute! I love the Flopsy ones too though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fronts, the gnomes disturb me slightly in the nicest possibly way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, I thought some people would freak out a little at them! x

      Delete
  3. I really don't like gnomes, they've always freaked me out, so this is one pair I'm really not fussed about, but your photos and review are fab as always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, so glad you ordered your DS shoes today x

      Delete
  4. I love these shoes, literally needing to sell my right arm to be able to buy some! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. as long as it's not your leg, you should be alright ; )

      Delete

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.