Thursday 8 November 2012

I Spy A Pretty Shoe

I'd like to think my taste in shoes is quite diverse. For example, I love a lady-like, elegant peep-toe, but am also fond of clumpy platform boots. Sometimes I want frills and glitter and charms and patterns and other times I'm happy with a sleek, plain style. Usually what I wear each day is dictated by my mood and I like having various personalities or sides to my style. Recently though, it seems I've been on a 'pretty-shoe' mission! Ok, so I have bought a couple of pairs of boots, but mostly it's been court shoes and a growing obsession with glitter! If you're flagging mid-week, then this little selection should revitalise you, it's really just an excuse to look at pretty shoes ; )
Above, Carvela 'Antibes' in pink glitter. Remember last year, right before Christmas, my parents took me shopping in Edinburgh for a couple of hours? We went to the Kurt Geiger store and I bought some sale shoes, but spied these pale pink glittery gems that were just new in. At £120, they were out of my price-range, but I never forgot them and my patience paid off. They are gorgeous!
These Carvela 'Attack' in Gunmetal glitter, have been all I've been able to think about lately. I usually try to avoid glitter shoes, because in all honesty, how often do you really wear them? I've said in the past, that I'll wear them regularly, then never do, however I happily wore these today and laughed at the strange looks my feet were attracting! I've not been fond of the pointed toe trend that resurfaced as I did it last time it was in fashion and now prefer rounder toes. There's just something so sexy about these though, that I still wanted them. The toe isn't elongated and the vamp is cut low, so it's a really flattering shape on the foot.
You'll probably recall my lovely suede Miu Miu embellished courts with metal heel that I ordered a few months ago. Sadly I haven't had the opportunity to wear them yet, but I must admit to taking them out of the box to stroke and admire regularly ; )
Then there was my lovely Moschino Cheap & Chic heart peep toes, which seems to have sparked a Moschino obsession in me (yes, I did just order my third bag today and it's the original one I wanted ages ago-squeal). I bought these as a treat to myself for enduring rather uncomfortable dental procedures for weeks on end! I have my follow up appointment next week and I'm planning on wearing these to mark the occasion!  What about you? Are you a sucker for a pretty shoe? Would you wear glitter and embellishments for daytime?

6 comments :

  1. I love them-especially the pink ones! but then it is my favourite colour. I have had my eye on a pair of glittery kelly brook shoes for new look....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, it's such a pretty shade of pink too : )

      Delete
  2. They're lovely but a bit too high for me! I've had my eye on a pair of Red or Dead glittery high heeled shoes in red (AKA Ruby Slippers) for about a year now, so am with you on the glitter joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh sounds lovely. I sold my gorgeous red glitter shoes earlier in the year. I just didn't wear them enough to warrant keeping them : (

      Delete
  3. Oh those pretty Antibes ones are going on my wishlist,I have such a Carvela obsession going on at the moment!

    ReplyDelete

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.