Wednesday 27 April 2011

Swatches: MAC Cremesheen Glass

I spent yesterday afternoon sorting through my MAC lip collection (the 'before' above). I have all my MAC lipsticks and glosses stored in a shallow box and I love that they are all in one place and I can easily see and select the colours I need. I've just been throwing in my new purchases lately so needed to properly sort them out and also I lost Pink Friday lipstick (gasp) and was praying it was somewhere in the box (thankfully it had fallen behind the box)! I realise I'm nearing the back of the box very rapidly which worries me as I really don't want to have to find another storage place for them all. I've always, always wanted to swatch every single MAC lip product I own (although I know it's a massive task) and so I started with some of the glosses yesterday.
First, I'm looking at Cremesheen Glass which MAC describes as:
"A lip finish that fuses the creamy, sheen-filled nature of Cremesheen Lipstick with the shine of M∙A∙C Lipglass. Soft, comfortable, non-sticky. Use as a top layer to its namesake Lipstick or on its own." Do MAC mean the cremesheen lipsticks and glosses have the same names? Because they don't! Anyway, priced £16 each for a (ridiculously) tiny 2.7g/2.4ml (those long bottles are deceiving), the gloss has a doefoot sponge/wand applicator. I do find the glosses very smooth and creamy and any glitter is micro-shimmer infused throughout rather than larger chunks like in Dazzleglass for example. the bottles are round and longer than the standard lipglass and 'glass' rather than plastic.
Fashion Whim, Fashion Scoop, Boy Bait and Partial To Pink are all permanent shades. Ever So Rich and You've Got It must have been limited edition colours-I mostly buy from the special collections so it's easy to lose track of what's available and what isn't, but certainly these shades are not on the MAC site now. In all of these images the glosses are shown in the same order as the swatches, ESR, FS, PTP, FW, BB and YGI.
Ever So Rich-is a pale milky lilac pink with no shimmer. Swatched it's brighter and leans more towards pink.
Fashion Scoop-described by MAC as 'clear pink', it's a warm pale peachy pink with silver shimmer (remember it's tiny). When swatched the shimmer is incredibly pretty and the colour is slightly deeper than in the tube.
Partial To Pink-'light peach pink', is as MAC describes it, although it's darker than Fashion Scoop. The glitter appears to be gold. It swatches a much brighter, hot coral.
Fashion Whim-'light beige' is a pale beige nude, the shimmer seems even smaller in this and when swatched it's much more orangey toned.
Boy Bait-'light nude' is a slightly darker beige nude again with incredibly small shimmer. It swatches a very deep peach.
You've Got It-is taupe with green shimmer although when swatched it's more brown than taupe.

So do you fancy trying any of these colours or how many Cremesheen Glass glosses do you own? The lipsticks are definitely coming last (there's around 100 I reckon), but which MAC gloss would you like to see next?

5 comments :

  1. *faints* 0_0 your MAC gloss storage is amazing. Thanks for providing us lovely swatches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sad to say that I don't own any Creamsheen glosses at all. Some of those pink shades are gorgeous though...I'll def have a closer look next time I hit my local MAC counter! And as for that lippie collection...my wordy that is a beauty to behold! I could happily play with that lot for days! :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a few of those shades and the odd LE one too. I've always preferred them to the other lipglasses just because of how smooth they are. I'm not pulling my hair off my lips in the wind.
    Fashion scoop is my all time favourite and LIVES in my purse. They're expensive but in my opinion more worth it than dazzleglasses :)

    ReplyDelete

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.