Wednesday 5 October 2011

Inspiretty #132

Much like a potential boyfriend, shoes can be categorized into love at first sight, definitely not your type and then there's that in-between of "a grower"! You know what I mean-at first you're kind of indifferent, then over time they kinda grow on you? As much as my friends despair at my reluctance to try out a grower (sounds way dirtier if you haven't read the preceding sentence), I could and probably have sampled a grower when it comes to footwear. Take these Miu Miu glitter shoes as an example. I wasn't keen on them at all at first because to be honest, I felt they didn't know who they were, a shoe? A suede sandal on a glitter boot? An open toe shoe-boot? What about that backwards leaning heel? I still wasn't keen when I saw them on Net-a-Porter in the coral suede/silver glitter (and still don't like that shade) but the style was starting to grow on me a little bit more. I got past the 2 in 1 look of them and when I saw this lovely pastel green suede on silver glitter, I rather liked them. They're quirky and possibly quite wearable given their reluctance to become 'just a glitter shoe' or 'just a shoe-boot'. I'm sure if I ever saw them in person, I would be oohing and aahing and the growing process would be complete and we'd live happily ever after....until I fell for a 'love at first sight' shoe (see my reluctance to play this game with boys?).

P.S. I've just spotted the green suede on gold glitter on Net-a-Porter and I really don't like them.

1 comment :

  1. That is odd, it took me a second to realize it wasn't a sandal with a sparkly sock

    ReplyDelete

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.