Wednesday 27 January 2010

My Vanity

I've made some progress tidying my room, although it's been put on hold this week, whilst I sort out my ebay parcels. I'm pleased to have finished my little vanity area, which was in a terrible state. I threw out loads of old things, sorted my hair clips and elastics into cute tins and displayed my fragrances better.
As you can see from the pics (the first image has some little notes), my everyday fragrances are Ghost, Lancome Miracle, Still by Jennifer Lopez, 'L' Gwen Stefani and my Harajuku Lovers (most used are L'il Angel and G). I wear YSL Elle on special occassions (it's quite overpowering) and occassionally use Lacoste Touch of Pink (nearly finished the huge bottle and fallen out of love with it lately) and Cacheral Anais Anais. I've just finished Love at First Glow (J Lo) and another bottle of Christian Dior J'adore. I used to work on a perfume counter so got loads of freebies there, the huge bottle of J'adore, Envy, Very Valentino and Organza are some I don't wear now (they're very old) but kept the bottles to display. Jean Paul Gaultier Fragile I got as a present whenever it launched. I purely wanted it for the bottle, which is like a little snow globe. The fragrance sucks and I was really annoyed when my friends starting using it as I wanted to keep it for decorative purposes and the liquid inside has gone down slightly : (
I have loads of the other JPG fragrances which I love the smell of (which aren't displayed here). I used to buy the limited edition bottles (that come in decorative tins) until I realised I was actually allergic to the scent! They are so pretty though that I like to just look at them. I also bought a beautfiul set years ago of 3 mini JPG Classique bottles which came with a silver necklace that had a huge ring which held the bottle inside, so cool!
I have some random glittery body lotions which I don't use frequently and Palmers body gloss which looks fabulous on tanned skin (I'm blue but never mind!) and Soap&Glory Glow Lotion which was my first ever S&G product and I still love it. Virgin Vie glitter hairspray, Pout tanning stuff which I haven't used for ages. The little Too Faced cosmetics bag contains some little random things I'm trying, like eye lotions, serums and lip balm, nail files etc. I also have some hair products here, my fave is the Batiste dry shampoo, I don't know how I lived before this!
My skincare products aren't too exciting due to my newly problematic skin. Just No7 toner, supermarket moisturiser, Soap&Glory Glow Job and eye gel, Lancome eye makeup remover and acne treatment gel. Under the shelf are a couple of boxes with face masks and other items. I have a ridiculous amount of hair clips, so I sorted (into the white Soap&Glory dish) the kirbi grips on one side and little clasps on the other. I have a little tin filled with elastics and bobbles and another tin with bigger, fancy clips. I sit and do my makeup in front of another mirror, so this is more a storage space rather than a dresser. As with all images on this blog, click to enlarge!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.