Tuesday 5 January 2010

New Years Day FOTD

As I mentioned on The Shoe Girl Diaries I was desperate to wear my Topshop Boutique green velvet heels at some point. What better opportunity than New Years Day? I bought this beautiful blue floral dress from Monsoon months ago and it has a lot of green in the flowers which I thought my shoes would pick up perfectly. I wore green tights, almost the same shade as my shoes, so I wasn't opting for too many colour clashes. I wanted to do a smokey eye, but decided upon a flash of blue to tie in my makeup with my outfit. I actually wasn't that pleased with the finished look, I was definitely having an off-day and feeling like crap! My hair is bugging the hell out of me (it was also still wet in some images so just ignore it). The colour hasn't applied well at all this time and I think I need a cut, it's never sitting right, as you can see below, I took a strop with the frizzy, crazy hair!.
Makeup details YSL Touch Matte fdnt, No7 Quick Cover concealer and Milani blush in Pink Craze. Eyes; Silver and grey shades from MAC Dame Edna Wisteria e/s trio, bright blue mascara from Virgin Vie Rio Carnival Sparkle Lash in Salsa Shimmy, Collection 2000 Glam Crystals glitter eyeliner in 6 Night Fever and a blue Lancome eye pencil on lower lashline. Rimmel lipstick in 502 Virtuous and a touch of Barry M LE1 lipgloss on top.
I can't for the life of me find a decent setting on my camera that allows clear, detailed facial shots for FOTD's, so I'm afraid you'll just have to put up with speckled shots, sorry : (

2 comments :

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.