Monday 18 January 2010

Cleaning Makeup Brushes

Sorry for the lack of posts over the weekend. I've got lots of exciting ones to come, I just haven't had time to write them! I had the unenviable task of cleaning my makeup brushes this weekend. I've been really naughty and haven't done them properly for ages. Although I haven't been wearing makeup all that often of late, so haven't needed to. I had 30 brushes that needed cleaning! It took me over an hour, but I'm so pleased with my sparkling, soft, fluffy brushes. Here's a quick pic of them, all shiny!
I went through a bit of an obsession with brushes a few years ago and bought a great set from Go Cosmetics (a cheap UK brand) which had everything from powder, blush, fdnt to eye brushes, all in a leather wallet. I was surprised at how good they are. Then I started buying Pout. They are fabulous, I have almost the complete set or at least those that I need. The pink handles make them super girly and you can't fault the quality. I bought a few Urban Decay brushes, my favourite is the eyeshadow one, sometimes I find the blush and powder brushes too dense and you need a light hand or end up looking like a clown (and/or wasting product). My other faves are the Lancome powder brush which has a ridiculously long handle, but looks really sleek and the most coveted, the Dior Backstage blush brush, beautifully soft and a luxury brush at it's best!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.