Friday 13 January 2012

Little Beauty Haul (YSL, Estee Lauder, Harajuku Lovers)

Last week I popped through to Debenhams because there were a couple of things I needed. I only have a tiny amount of Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation left and can't live without that, so that was a necessity! A couple of you had enquired about which shade I wear....I do use the lightest (1C1 Shell) and yes, it is a little too dark. Most days I can just about get away with it, but sometimes I think it looks way too dark. I wish they would make a lighter shade because the finish and formula are perfect for me, I just need a better colour match. Actually when I saw all the testers on the stand I couldn't pick out which was the lightest and thought they all looked far too dark (and very similar)-I think the frosted glass of the 'real' bottle helps trick me into thinking it's lighter than it actually is.
While we're on the subject, I don't like the design of the bottle. Now I'm near the bottom, it's a struggle every day to get some out and would be much easier in a pump or tube. However, as I say, I can't live without the flawless finish it gives me and for that reason, I'll buy it again and again. Whilst in Debenhams I was looking for some perfume (more about that later) which I didn't find, but did notice they were running an offer on their beauty card for 500 bonus points if you spent £30 (the foundation is annoyingly £26.50!) and I got sucked into looking for something else. Of course, there's nothing for around a fiver, but the YSL counter is my new weak point and they had their spring stuff out and I succumbed to purchasing one of their new lipsticks! I hadn't realised it was £23.50 though-I think I'd have thought twice about it if I'd known.
The colour is 116 Milky Pink which I don't think conjures up an accurate description. I struggled to photograph the lipstick accurately too which doesn't help, however the swatch is spot-on. In the tube it's a soft coral with gold micro-shimmer (not the bright pink it looks here-more like the band around the middle of the case) and comes out more pinky when swatched, but still with a little peach to it and the shimmer is practically unnoticeable unless you're looking really closely.
this is maybe the closest I got to the actual shade below
It's a Rouge Volupte Perle formula, so it's relatively sheer and I found if you build it up too much it leaves an uneven, streaky finish because it is supposed to be worn quite sheer. It's got a slippy sort of texture which I'm not 100% sold on, I do wish it were a little thicker, but then that's why it's a Perle finish. All in all, it's a nice enough shade and the packaging is adorable. I did have £15 on my beauty card which I used, so the price didn't seem quite so intimidating. I probably would've gone for a more standard nude, had I browsed their regular lipsticks, but as I said, I was caught up in the new spring stuff! Another shade I liked was a pretty grey-ish lilac, probably 108 Celestial Mauve (again a Rouge Volupte Perle), it was very light though, so I decided against it. I also got a sample of the new Forever Youth Liberator Serum which launches this month-although I've actually been using this particular product for the past few weeks for YSL (oooh! More on that once I can talk about it). I spend a fortune on cosmetics and it just brightens your day a little to get something extra in with your purchases doesn't it? No such item from the EL counter though-but the ladies there can be pretty crabbit to put it bluntly, I always feel like I'm hugely imposing on them by making a purchase, because you know that isn't their job or anything?!
Anyway onto more freebies. I was looking for Super G (Harajuku Lovers fragrance), which I posted about ages ago but never got round to buying. I'd been waiting for a gwp, they never did one and then Jingle G came out (which I've been wearing practically every day lately) and I realised Super G was becoming harder to find and it was likely I'd miss out on her altogether and we couldn't have that, considering I've bought every other scent! Soooo, I looked in Debenhams and they had no HL fragrances at all, I asked and she said they were sold out of everything (?). Next stop Superdrug, who had one or two bits, but no Super G, then I decided to look in this wee shop next to Primark, The Fragrance House I think it's called. They had Wicked Style reduced to £10 on the counter and behind the counter one box of Super G! She was full price but rather than risk losing out, I got her. The girl that served me was very pleasant and clued up and looked in her cupboard to see what she could give me : )
This may well be my fave dolly yet (I know I say that every time), I love that her little leggy's are finally out, rather than a perfume bottle shoved up them!
I already have this, but she had a spare 'make your own G' kit which came with 'G Of The Sea', (but they'd run out of her and still had the gift) plus she popped in a couple of samples too. As I said, it makes your day when people are kind like that. I'm now going to try scribbling on one of my dolls, as I didn't want to ruin the original, but now I have a back-up it doesn't seem so scary! I'll probably make a mess of it though.

2 comments :

  1. It really does give you flawless skin!

    I think I might give Shell another go in summer when my skin may be SLIGHTLY darker than it is now.

    ReplyDelete

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.