Thursday 6 August 2009

Review & Swatches: Glitter Eyeliner NYX, C2000, UD, TF

I'm a little disappointed with how the swatches turned out for these. I feel the true glittery-ness of them hasn't really come out very well. Anyway, Collection 2000 Glam Crystals are my all time favourite liquid, glitter eyeliner. I tell everyone to buy these! I was so amazed with the quality the first time I used them. They are quick-drying, long-lasting and so deeply infused with glitter that you get an amazing swipe with just one stroke of the little brush. I have worn them as a thin line alone or over an eye pencil or even over the entire lid instead of eyeshadow for sparkle amazement!
They cost £2.99 and are often on offer in Boots or Superdrug. C2000 regularly release new shades, the latest being Pow!, Spandex and Shake It Up!-I bought the first two on Tuesday but had taken these pictures beforehand, so they are not shown here. I didn't buy the purple one because I found it a little dry and not 'up there' in quality with the rest of them. I have also found this with my blue one (Night Fever) and don't know if these shades are all like that or if I just got 2 dodgy ones! See swatch for details of shade names.
Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter e/l, probably the original to start the trend for multi colours of glitter eyeliner. I find the glitter more sporadic in this and you really need several layers to build up the intensity of the sparkle. It also takes quite a long time to dry. Retails for £12, available in an array of colours.
Too Faced Starry Eyed (£11.50-£13), originally just 3 or 4 shades if I remember, now 9 colours. I chose this shade because the gel that the glitter is in was coloured turquoise too. I found the other were just clear gel with glitter pieces in them and the result wasn't quite so intense.
NYX Candy Glitter Liners are available in loads of colours including unusual shades like bright yellow or lime green. I love the packaging with cute black tassle on the end. However I found these really poor in comparison to C2000 (which are priced similarly). Most of the clear or tinted gels have very few glitter pieces in them and I really had to build up the intensity for the swatch pictures. One or two swipes provides very little colour and glitter. Swatch image above shows all glitter eyeliners to compare (in same order as detailed before). All product pictures are shown in same order as named swatch pictures. Click pics to enlarge and do not steal.

2 comments :

  1. I cant wear glitter liners :( always give me itchy eyes! But i love the look of them on everyone else xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes they can be very painful and scratchy to remove, that's my only complaint!

    ReplyDelete

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.