Monday 2 February 2009

Love Harajuku

Finally the wait is over! It seems like (and probably has been) ages since I first blogged about this on my Celeb Style website. Gwen Stefani has outdone herself with the super cool, Harajuku Lovers fragrance launch. A collection of 5 scents, named after herself and her 4 dancing buds, Love, (L'il) Angel, Music, Baby (L.A.M.B.). Each has a different scent and comes in the super duper adorable bottle with removable doll lid. Seeing as I was uber desperate to get my hands on them, I purchased all 5 without even smelling them first (much to the bemusement of the assistant in Boots)! I also logged onto the HL website (beware it's flash-player central and caused my computer to crash several times) and was lucky enough to win one of 1000 doll globes, to keep my fragrances in (type in the barcode from each 30ml fragrance to unlock special surprises and the first 1000 will receive the globe).
There doesn't appear to be any instore/online offers on the fragrances at this time, but if you can wait there may be some type of free gift in the future. Also look out for the solid perfumes, which are sold in a set (the model wears them in her hair in the ad). I haven't yet seen these instore. You also have to check either YouTube or the HL site to see the magical television advert, really cute. 30ml are priced around £20 each and 10ml around £12.50.

2 comments :

  1. I'm absolutely hopeless at deciphering scents, however L'il Angel is the stand-out fragrance for me. It smells so yummy and is perhaps similar to the L.A.M.B fragrance in that it doesn't smell like anything else on the market. It doesn't seem to be as strong or long lasting as the others though. Here's the official word; G-is an oriental, fruity, gourmand fragrance with notes of fresh coconut, jasmine, and cotton woods. Love-is reminiscent of a floral bouquet, with notes of pink pomelo, rose, and creamy vanilla orchid. L'il Angel-is a citrus floral with notes of pineapple, candied violet, and lollipop accord. Music-is a fruity floral with notes of pear, sweat pea, and sleek wood. Baby is a powdery floral with notes of white rose, orange flower, and white musk.

    ReplyDelete

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.