Tuesday 5 November 2013

Monster High Monday: Roller Maze Clawdeen


Long time, no Monster High Monday huh? I've just not had time for it recently as it's so very time consuming finding dupes and applying them in a way you wouldn't normally, so it's not something you can do quickly. It's back though and I thought I'd ease myself in, with something relatively simple. I have to add my attempt was a little half hearted and I was lucky it turned out as well as it did, because my head was elsewhere, spacey girl! Anyway it's glitter galore, which was rather scratchy to take off last night!  Oh and we've got a little post-Halloween effect to the photos this week!
Clawdeen Wolf is one who often changes her hair colour, which is rather lovely. For the Roller Maze line everyone had a flash of lime green in their outfit or hair and makeup, so the gorgeous lilac hair (seriously loving that hue) has lime streaks and on the lids, you'll hopefully just be able to see green before the gold and glitter. Her lips are a shade of pink that just screamed Viva Glam Gaga to me! So that was an easy find.
I started with the eyes and this is where like I say, I was a bit "hmmm, that's close enough, it'll do". I'm not much of a gold eye girl, my collection of silver and pewter on the other hand is ridiculous! So I did struggle to find the exact tone and one that had that strong metallic finish, almost like a foil. First I applied Urban Decay Primer Potion and then Lancome's Petit Tresor eyeshadow from last Christmas in S112 Fil D'or. It's not quite the right gold colour, mine was lighter and less yellow than Clawdeen, but then you also have to remember her skin is a lot darker than mine, so it's going to look different.
I applied this directly under the eyebrow down to the crease and also under the lower lashline. On the lid up to the crease is where the green goes and again I didn't have an exact match. I had one that was too yellow and lots that were too green, so I decided to mix the two. I applied the dark green first as a base, which was 17 Solo eyeshadow in Green Glimmer. Then the lime from surprise, surprise MAC's Eyes On Manish palette aka 'Monster High Monday palette' over the top. It's not a perfect match, but I guess I don't own too many lime green shadows! I ignored the black line Clawdeen has in the crease. Sometimes I feel I need it, sometimes I don't bother.
I lined upper and lower lashlines with L'Oreal SuperLiner GelMatic* and created the long flicks with L'Oreal SuperLiner Perfect Slim*. On my lashes I'm wearing Guerlain Maxi Lash and I filled my brows with L'Oreal Brow Artist* in Brunette, then it was time for glitter! I kind of went a bit overboard with the sparkles, possibly because I was applying with my finger rather than being precise. The entire gold section isn't glittery on Clawdeen, it's just a highlight really. I applied Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eye Gel in Backstage (antique gold) and Roadie (green). It's best to apply it to the hand and then just pick up a tiny bit and press onto the lid, so it doesn't remove the eyeshadow underneath (by swiping).
On the face I wore Lancome Teint Miracle in 005 Beige Ivoire (just bought my third bottle, as I'm using this so much) and Dainty Doll concealer in 002, using 001 as a highlighter and The Balm 'Bahama Mama' bronzer as my contour colour. I finished with Paul & Joe UV pressed Powder in 003 Beach Baby and although Clawdeen isn't wearing any blush, I wore Mark Good Glowing in After Glo.
Like I said earlier, my lips wear easy peasy. I lined with Kiss Australia Lip Liner in Cashmere and then lots of MAC's Viva Glam Gaga lipstick. Perfecto! Although the flash has washed out the colour on Clawdeen and changed the tone of my lips a bit, but in real life they were good dupes for one another. Phew, I managed it! How do you think I did? I'll have my corresponding outfit (did someone say "Little Mermaid top"?) finished later this evening hopefully.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.