Tuesday 29 July 2008

The Stardoll World

I don't know where to start with the phenomenon that is Stardoll. Well, the site started off as a place to play dress-up with celebrity dolls. Orlando Bloom, Britney Spears and Beyonce Knowles could be dressed in a variety of fashions, some similar to their real life clothes. These dolls could be saved in an album on your own page (shown below). I've told you before I love games like this and found myself spending hours on the site.
Within a couple of years though the site developed and it was possible to make yourself into a dress-up figure too, known as a 'MeDoll'. I thought this was majorly cool, having a mini replica me to dress. You even get your own little room to stand in and there was a small shop to buy clothes for your doll.

The site now boasts over 19 million registered users and it's not hard to see why. Members can use 'real money' to buy 'Stardollars'. Stardollars can be used to buy furnishings for your room ('suite') and clothes for your MeDoll. There is also Superstar membership with access to new celebrity dolls before anyone else, more album space, more rooms within your suite and exclusive clothes and decor int he shops as well as monthly 'sales'. The site is constantly improving itself and adding new features and I'll go into each section in more detail in following posts.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.