Thursday 23 February 2012

A Little Respite

It's been a tough week all round and I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support-I really appreciate all the comments in my previous post. The brand in question have been in touch and we've been emailing back and forth. I shall update the post with the outcome and happenings when it occurs. It couldn't have happened at a worse time for me as everything seems to be stressing me out this week and my skin is showing the strain (spots galore, lovely). Anyway I'm in need of a little pick-me-up by way of browsing shoes I can't afford, as you do! I'm not yet ready for spring, even although it's been much milder here and I've been leaning more towards a tougher look lately (well as much as I can with my girly wardrobe), favouring ankle boots and boots over shoes. These Versace dudes are exactly what I'm talking about, they would in the words of Tom Cruise, 'complete me' or at least complete my look! And to think they're only £411, half price!

This next pair by Camilla Skovgaard have this nifty wee spike addition which reminds me of a bike or scooter stand, haha! Do you know what I mean? I like the stubby toe and lovely pearlised leather and if you'd like to park your feet (get it?) they could be yours for around £288 (half price).

I have to be honest and say I'm not sure if I like these or not. It's kinda like peeling leaves or something and while I can appreciate the artful concept, the rest of the shoe is just a little blah for me. They're also available in black for around £525 by Alejandro Ingelmo.

You can't go wrong with a bit of Vivienne Westwood and I've always loved her boots. You may recall I had the skyscraper shoe version of these and I did find them pretty tricky to walk in. They are very high, with a very pronounced arch and I ended up returning them. I doubt these boots would be any different and therefore not all that comfortable for your £490.

I love the little ruffle around these ankle boots. It adds drama to an otherwise so-so boot. They are by Viktor & Rolf and with 40% off are just under £395.

I love me a statement heel and what better than a 2-in-1, carved cone shape and wedge. It means the comfort and stability of a wedge with the look of a more difficult to wear feature heel and I'm all for that idea. They are by Alain Quilici and could be yours for £444 with 30% off.

Finally, my girly-ness hasn't left me entirely. These Sergio Rossi boots are softly sculptural and remind me of the Emma Cook frilled shoes for Topshop a couple of years back. They are available in black or wine for £465.

Any of these get your vote?

2 comments :

  1. Oh I love them all xx great blog xx wanted to invite you to check out my blog sale xx hopefully we can follow each other - through gfc and bloglovin xx leave me a comment if you follow and I'll be sure to follow back xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's difficult to choose but I think I prefer the last one. I've seen some pairs from Jeffrey Campbell which are inspired by these.

    ReplyDelete

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.