Saturday 8 August 2009

Nude Lipstick + Lipgloss Haul Swatches + Pics

Ok, I know it's taken me longer than expected with this post, but it's well worth the wait. Sorry for the difference in backgrounds in the pics, I had to move around to get the best lighting for realistic colours. Although I realised when editing the pics, that I forgot to photograph the NYC lippie I bought (I'll do it later). Is it just me that gets this exciteable with nude lip colours? I love the image above!

We'll start with Boots;
Natural Collection Juicy Lips lipgloss in FondantNatural Collection Moisture Shine Lipstick in Apple BlossomCurrently on 3 for £5 offer (my sister also got their mascara)

Revlon Matte lipstick in 001 Nude Attitude, this is actually quite pricey for a drugstore lipstick I think. £7.13, so I got it off my advantage points (free, yay!)Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick in Vanilla Truffle, £16.As you know I also bought other things (pics will follow next week) and got lots of points/deals for them too.

Superdrug;
GOSH Velvet Touch lipstick in 134 DarlingGOSH lipgloss in 0059currently on 3 for 2 (I also got a liquid eyeliner)

Finally my MAC Graphic Garden Summer Crop trio;
Summer Crop lipglassSemi Annual lipstick (lustre)Garden Bed lipstick (lustre) Here's my opinion on the lipstick swatches, Revlon a matte orangey peach (you can see a pink flash very clearly in the tube), although it didn't show when swatched. Apple Blossom quite similar to the GOSH lipstick, but a brighter peach. Estee Lauder a heavier peachy brown, Semi Annual slightly more beige than GOSH, sheer, so buildable colour. GOSH Darling, I think this is the prettiest a soft pale peach colour (perfect J-Lo lips) and Garden Bed is the most brown with a lovely shimmer, not as sheer as some lustres can be.
Lipgloss swatches, Summer Crop is so pretty, with subtle but intense multi-coloured glitter (pics definitely don't do it justice), Fondant is a bright pink peach (looks like a gold sheen in the above swatch, but it didn't have this in real life) and GOSH is a nude-ish brown, very glossy and sheer.
Swatches and product line-up shown in same order (either left to right or top to bottom) Revlon to MAC Garden Bed. Please do not steal these images, they took me forever-I'll be mad! Click to enlarge and go out and buy all of these!

3 comments :

  1. Does anybody read blogs anymore or is this a dinosaur relic from 2004? well youtube is going to go extinct in 2012 pretty much SOPA PIPA so maybe you'll have readers again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ... the first poster is incredibly rude. This post actually helped me decide on a swap. Thank you for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. completely forgot their comment-guess they were reading a blog in the first place, so they answered their own question! Glad I helped you decide on a swap, even although this post is old, I still love a lot of the products I bought.

      Delete

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.