Monday 9 March 2015

Day 9 #BeRealMarch

When I was a toddler, I had an accident with a coffee table. I fell right against the corner and cut my eye badly. I can vaguely recall the incident, with my Mum holding me and blood pouring out. I can't say I recall the pain, but maybe I've forgotten that part! I wasn't rushed to casualty like you probably would be these days and so I was left with a rather big scar.
BeRealMarch selfie

It's funny, but I've never been self-conscious of it, ever. In my child or adult life. Despite the odd person pointing it out (yes I know it's there, it's my face). I've never tried to disguise it (kind of hard to, given that it's a large 'dent') and I've never edited it out of photos. I guess I see it as my own little quirk and wear it with pride!  I think that's a good attitude to have, not just for scars but other things in your appearance that may trouble you.  It is unique to you and if you don't let it bother you, it can't bother you.  If someone points out my scar, rather than feel insecure about the fact they've called attention to an 'imperfection' I just launch into the story of how I got it and shrug it off.  You shouldn't let someone else dictate how you feel about your own body or bring you down over something they're uncomfortable with.  Just feel satisfied that you are more secure in yourself than they are.  See you tomorrow x

#BeRealMarch information

Day 8 #BeRealMarch

2 comments :

  1. Yes, very true!!! Good call on this one! I have a chickenpox scar on my nose!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My nephew has a chickenpox scar too that looks really like my eye dent and it's almost in the same position too.

      Delete

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.