Sunday 18 November 2018

Irregular Choice: Disney Shoe Room Collection

Ikea Billy shelves with Disney character heeled shoes on
Do you remember earlier in the year I showed you my Disney shoe shelves in the shoe room? I felt I was at the stage that I had enough pairs to put them all in one unit back then and indeed I did, with a couple of shelves to spare. In the months since, I've accumulated several more and by sheer fluke, had the required 32 pairs for my cabinet (8 shelves, 4 pairs per shelf) and 4 boots left over (All Mad Here, Lost Your Muchness, Hot Diggety Dog and She's Hip, He's Hop) that are too tall to fit in anyway. Last time I tried to do most of the shelf arranging with pictures on my laptop, before tackling the real thing (to save energy), but this time I decided to just go for it (with the help of my sister). I felt there were too many to play around with in photo form.
shelves of Billy bookcase with brightly coloured Disney Irregular Choice shoes
I arrange my shoes by a mixture of colour, heel height and style. It can be quite tricky, but usually I just know when it looks right, something clicks. The rest of the room is either the entire cabinet with the heel facing out or toe facing out, but I've mixed them here. The top portion are heel out, as they had interesting heels, then the lower part is toe out, as they mostly looked good from the front. I prefer not to mix heel/toe on the same shelf and I could fit more in by splitting each pair into heel/toe, but I choose not to. For someone that isn't really a neat freak, I do get quite particular about arranging shoes! I think I mentioned in my last post, that I have all the shelves at the same heights around the room. The only restriction I came across were the Toy Story ankle boots. The shelf I put them on, is the only shelf they will fit. For some reason, the Woody boot could fit elsewhere, but Buzz wasn't having it. I usually prefer putting heavier or taller styles (things like boots) lower down as they can make the cabinet look a bit top heavy, but I didn't have an option here. Quite a lot stayed where they were already, with a few move arounds and obviously the new additions.  Something else I take into consideration is the top couple of shelves...sometimes character heels can be a bit 'lost' up there.  There are certain ones that still look good from up high.  R2D2 is one and unicorns are another.  So here's the finished cabinet...  Ikea Billy cabinet with glass doors and Disney shoes on shelves behindcabinet with shelves of Disney Irregular Choice shoes and boots on them
Starting from the top shelf, left to right, we have:
{Star Wars (SW), Alice In Wonderland (A), Cinderella (C), Mickey & Friends (MM), Muppets (M), Toy Story (TS), Bambi (B) and Dumbo (D)} 
1) Floral Artoo SW, Sparkling Slipper C, Battle With Artoo SW and Call Me Cinders C
2) Who In The World Am I? (stripe) A, One Lump Or Two? A, Who In The World Am I? (sequins) A and My Cup Of Tea A
3) Day Of The Trooper SW, Sherbet Ice Cream MM, You've Got A Friend In Me TS and White Rabbit A Disney character heeled shoes on shelf
Now for the ones facing forwards;
4) Once In Love C, Mahna Mahna M, Faith In Dreams C and Tea With Alice A
5) Fierce Piggy M, I Give You...Dumbo! D, Woodland Playtime B and You Are A Toy TS
6) The Great Gonzo M, Super Couple M, Flowers Can't Talk A and Oh Boy MM
7) R2D2 SW, Louder, Louder! M, Rootinest Tootinest Cowgirl TS and Tropical Minnie MM
8) All About Moi (black) M, Original Diva (black) M, All About Moi (pink) M and Original Diva (blue) M rows of shelves with Disney shoes on them
I'm really happy with the way it's worked out. Apparently this means no more room for Disney shoes though!!

1 comment :

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.