Friday 13 February 2009

Need Shoes and Makeup?

I've been absolutely pooped this week, for use of a better word. I keep getting that feeling that there is something I have to do, but literally have no energy to do it.
I have put it down to an extremely busy fortnight where I listed lots of things on eBay. I can see how it becomes a full-time job for some people. It's very demanding, when you are trying to do it properly. First there's collecting the items you want to sell, inspecting them and making a good description, taking and editing photos of said items, then the actual listing. It's surprising how long filling in all the details in the listing takes. During the auction you have questions from buyers, then once your item sells, the hard works starts all over again.I am quite pernickety about doing everything correctly, my favourite art teacher once said 'if it's worth doing once, it's worth doing properly' and that always rings true for me. I like to keep my customers informed of when/how the items will be shipped, I package everything carefully and put a little note inside each one. I have a notebook which I keep all my ebay info in. I write down all the items/descriptions etc and proceed to write the buyers details, when they paid, how they paid, when I posted etc. It really is the best way of doing it, so I can keep myself right. As you may remember, the first time I sold using Paypal, there was a problem with my account (something out of my hands) and I ended up losing all the payments that had been made to me. Most of the buyers honoured our agreement and did pay up eventually, however there are still several out there who haven't. That period was one of the most stressful times in my life. I don't really want to go into it again, as it dredges up all those feelings, but I absolutely did everything in my power to right the situation and yet some people still felt the need to steal from me (which is what it is at the end of the day). That really knocked my confidence. I couldn't believe I was dealing with such a large company, yet they couldn't figure out what was wrong. I was beside myself with worry and worked so hard keeping all my eBayers informed and it didn't do any good. There are still times when I wonder if it's all worth it (when people bid and don't pay...why do they do that?), plus there are so many restrictions on ebay and I really feel the company doesn't do much to protect sellers. I think it's terrible that you can't leave negative or neutral feedback for non-payers for example.Anyway, if you want to check out some gorgeous shoes, most have only been worn once, some are brand new or cosmetics galore (with so many restrictions I can only sell a little high-end at a time) then click here. There are a few days to go until the auctions end and I will post worldwide, so nobody is left out. I would be super happy to know that the things I don't need anymore will go to the happy home of one of my readers! Good Luck.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Wowee your comments cheer me up!

Unfortunately I've had to disable anonymous comments for now, due to a high volume of spam.